Plan your work; Work your plan.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ladyluckybean, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There's a women who is really into mushrooms at MG training so I asked her if the pasteurization process killed any microbes and she said no. It contains different microbes like fungi while the EWC is more bacteria. You should transplant those into bigger pots and give them a light top dress of EWC. Just sprinkle some on top but still see soil. Then water it in with kelp meal tea. You can add your coco water to the tea. If you can get aloe, that would really help with transplant shock. They have a juice you can buy but get the powder that BAS sells because it's cheaper and easier. I use fresh because I have so many aloes. They can grow in your room because few pests like them.

2. #742 dociron, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
    Excitement is nice, get the juices flowin n all, I think folks should have the best references for growing good honest meds,, therfor I also think Rev should stfu, ijs, lol

3. Thank you for sharing

4. I think that people who don't show off their plants, talk all day long and act better than others should also stfu ijs. Lol

5. Lots of growers talk a lot, but can't back it up. ;) LLB this thread is crazy active.

6. Hey LLB![​IMG]

Made it over and will be dropping in.

Wet

7. #747 dociron, Oct 10, 2015
    Hey Chunk??? Being an older guy, and having a colon like a chihuahah,, am I actually safe here for this??? I live in a not so free state of the union. So I think I better ask, lol [​IMG]

8. I appreciate you asking about the mushroom compost. I was adding to my soil the other day and found some interesting looking sprouts growing. No color and little c leaves. I was going to plant it and put it under lights buy left it out too long. Probably an acorn sprout. Hey what ratio of coconut water do I use with the tea?

9. I think yours will be too. There's going to be a LOT of folks lurking your genetics. The Revs strain sounds delicious and I haven't heard of him breeding.

When I first got into organics I read the TLO book and watched a few speeches by him at the Emerald Cup. I was really excited but then big organic guys told me how stupid I was and were quite mean. I got all defensive of what I learned. I got in a small fight with microbeman even about spikes. Lol

I think every grower can identify with someone barging in to say the way they grow is stupid and how they might get defensive. No one wants to hear that and be responsive in a positive way. There's no point. Best is to just teach them about your soil mix and steer that excitement in a different direction. Don't explain why the other dudes wrong. What happens when people say Coot is bad? Folks flip out. Same thing.

Well today I'm going to my indoor lecture on vermicompost. I'm pretty bummed I don't get to put worms to bed. I want my demonstration.

I've also been helping this little newb in micro grows who is overwatering his plant. Trying to teach him perpetual SOG because his space is so small, it would be the best system to take advantage of the way he grows. He has a bunch of Qs and a few other newbs signed up so I'm doing that too. Lol

10. 1/4 cup per gallon. I think you'll need to post a pic because I'm not sure what c leaves are.

11. Glad you made it! I'm learning about composting and the soil food web. Id love your input!

12. #752 Agent57, Oct 10, 2015
    Good morning Lady. Your sure are busy these days. You wanna share some of that energy with a fellow growmie?

By the way, your plants are looking very nice. You should do very well this time around.

13. Thank you and good morning to you! You don't want this type of energy. Lol I really don't need sleep to be awake; need it to not be grumpy. I slept a lot the past few days. Gotta come down and crash eventually.

14. Put that thing away. Enjoy it while you can. It don't last forever.

15. That's what she said.

16. #756 SoloToker, Oct 10, 2015
    hey TaDow

I can't quote but the last time I checked ingredientstodiefor.com was cheaper than BAS on the aloe powder. I think the 4oz was the best deal when I ordered mine.

Solo

17. I've been growing for so long without the help of Rev or any of those other 'gurus'. I've learned from all the mistakes that can be made growing the herb. When I first started growing I didn't even know about veg'ging at 18/6 for the lights and flowering at 12/12. Back in the early 70s there wasn't an internet or growing forums like what we have today.

Most of my growing was done using bottled nutrients and ProMix. I used both inorganic and organic bottled nutrients and different brands for these bottled nutrients. I could have used Sunshine mix in place of ProMix. The point is there is quite a variation in what you use as 'soil' and what you use as 'nutrients'. I never went hydro but that works too.

The point is that you have lots of different choices in how you go about growing your herb. This is only part of the approach to growing marijuana. Remember for any plant to grow it needs air, water, sun and nutrients. Each of these have various components that can be mixed in various percentages. Looking at air many growers think adding CO2 or ozone is beneficial to growing and add these components to the environment they're growing in. The same is for water, sun/lights and nutrients. Lots of different components can be mixed at varying percentages to get good results. What this seems to mean to me is they is no correct way to grow marijuana. However, some growers get to believing that what they do is the best way and carry an almost religious zeal to their growing techniques.

Getting back to my learning to grow and the fact that I never had anyone teach me or share their knowledge with me except for my old grow buddy from the 70s. He was learning too and we spend many hours discussing this. Back in those days you had to go to the library (no internet) and read books and then apply what works for 'tomatoes' to marijuana. It was a lot of reading and experimenting with what you read and finally observing the results from the plants you grew. Even back in those early 70s days you could grow some very tall marijuana plants in the foothills of the Cascades in the state of Washington.

[​IMG]

That was the summer of 73 growing bag seed from the Mexican ragweed. In those days my old grow buddy was using regular fertilizer like Peter's or Miracle Grow and maybe some soft rock phosphate.

It was in the 80s when I started to get magazines like High Times and this is where those 'gurus' cut their teeth. They seemed like experts compared the lack of knowledge. I'll admit that I read the magazines and thought that it was the absolute truth in growing. I did apply many of the techniques that were thrown around but by the late 70s I was out of growing marijuana and didn't take it up again until the late 80s.

From the late 80s until I got legal in the fall of 2013 I was a stealth grower in my cellar. I never went out on the internet to read the marijuana forums nor did I go and buy the marijuana magazines. I didn't want to leave any traces that I was growing marijuana. I didn't talk about it, I didn't show it and I didn't share it. Only a few other growers who happened by be hippie friends from high school knew I grew.

When I finally got legal and stuck my head out of the cellar did I search the internet for marijuana growing sites. It was quite an eye opener for me to read what was on the internet. You see all those years in the cellar growing by myself I only had my mistakes and successes to teach me. I had to learn from the plant itself. Believe me I've lost whole crops when I made a mistakes or had mites/PM problems. As the years passed and the experiences evolved I got to be very consistent with my ProMix and bottled nutrients.

When I came to the forums is when I was introduced to mixing my own soil. You want to talk about variability then mixing your own soil has an enormous amount of variability. I read the posts and all of a few journals before I began mixing my own soil. What I learned from my reading was there is a lot of variability in the mixing percentages of your base soil mix. There is also different combinations of amendments that you add to this base soil mix. On top of that there is variability in the minerals that you put into your soil mix.

The bottom line is you have lots of different combinations of the basic necessities for growing marijuana. There is no one perfect growing technique that is better than others. There are many different ways to successfully grow marijuana. What works for me may not work for others and what works for others may not work for you.

You can listen to me or listen to LLB or listen to the Rev. It really doesn't matter where you get your information from. What truly matters is for you to use your experience to apply to what you read and then observe how it effects your plants. Even after all these years of growing I'm still learning small tweaks that have improved my growing. It would be insincere to say I know the only way to grow the herb. What I do know is I know the best way to grow my herb in my cellar. I know what works for me. I listened to what the plants were telling me and not listen to much of the nonsense that is out there.

These are my experiences and my opinion and not based on science. So you may totally ignore all that I have posted.

18. So I didn't learn anything at vermicompost class. I showed others instead what all the bugs were in their Rubbermaid bin and killed a centipede.

They said to get grounds at Starbucks and I asked about the GMO risk if you used them or alfalfa and EVERYONE looked at me like I was crazy.

I think I have found my people.

So why did the worm play music backwards??

Because he's a decomposer.

Hi solo!! I forgot about that place. Good lookin out!

19. #759 SoloToker, Oct 10, 2015
    Well LLB I just ordered Stylet Oil directly from them. They didn't say anything about state restrictions and they took my money, so I hope to see it soon.

I watched the videos on their site. Sounds like good stuff. A lot cheaper than neem or Karanja too. Thanks for the advice.

Solo

20. Is the stylet oil good for a regular ipm schedule? Or more for treating outbreaks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.