How would I clean a tobacco pipe used for weed?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by tbreak, Sep 17, 2015.

1. #1 tbreak, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
    What's up you guys. I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum section and if this has been asked many times, new here and I did look around a bit but never found what I was looking for.

So I've been using a tobacco pipe while I save up money for a new bong (ex took the old one man) but I've noticed as I smoke more and more there's a ton of resin and other gross shit inside the pipe now. Not entirely sure how to clean it safely, anyone have advice?

Here's a pic of the pipe its self if that helps. Made of metal and a tough plastic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Table salt and rubbing alcohol

3. Would I just wash it out with it while running some tap water on high pressure? Can't really get inside the pipe too well.

4. #4 BudButler, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
    take some isopropyl alcohol and fill the inside of the pipe as best you can put some salt in as well and shake like a mad man for a little bit then rinse with hot water and let dry

5. put it in a zip lock bag then pour enough 91% iso in there to completely cover the pipe add like a table spoon or two of salt and then shake it up vigorously. if it doesn't get it all out put it in a new bag with some new iso, skip the salt, and let it soak over night.

6. Thanks guys.[​IMG]

7. it isn't a glass pipe, do NOT use any solvents on it.

just use the old fashioned pipe cleaners and tools and clean it like a tobacco pipe.

8. ya man, i wouldn't try and clean it like you would glass pieces. that pipe there is for tobacco and so needs to be cleaned like one. i never liked a tobacco pipe for ganja. i tried it twice. i always felt that i was missing something...like a smoking jacket or something [​IMG]

9. haaa i have the EXACT same pipe lol......

fukr will hold 14 lbs :) love it

10. lmaoooo too funny!

11. Hey, did you try to clean it? Can you share any feedback and recommendations on how to clean such a pipe? Thanks

12. tobaco pipe cleaning kits have tools used for cleaning a fine tobacco pipe. usually consists of some sort of stabbing looking device and a wire brush the size of a tooth brush. sometimes a few brushes. some times a key chain looking deal with multiple tools. but something to poke and scrape all of the shit out is a must. also the mouth piece is removable and disposable if the pipe has the quality for it. with some tips having inserts that are replaceable. the dude i was talking to that was showing me his pipe, paid 1200$ is what he paid for the pipe he was currently smoking out of. he offered me a puff but i declined. he kind of crossed the line there and it made me feel weird so i left. lol.

13. You could always just boil it in salt water! Not always advisable for glass, but I've done it before successfully. Since it is a metal/hard plastic pipe you could just boil it. I wouldn't smoke it with the tobacco resin in there though.