My First try

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jtrain252, Sep 17, 2015.

1. No the last few weekd shouldnt hurt the yield at all bro and im running a shitty 240 cfm fan in a 3x3 seems to do the job well I think your vortex would be better

2. #42 jtrain252, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
    Just hoping the rwgukar seed can veg 2 months in a 2 gal eithout dying and that it isnt male. ....Well I tried a home Depot duct fan 6 inch was supposed to move 120cfm didn't do shit. So I said screw it bought a vortex cause it's 70 degrees outside I have my air conditioner on making it 65 degrees in the room but if I close the tent it goes up to 91 so I have to leave the tent half open I am not running an air conditioner all winter lol

3. Yeah thats definitely going to stress the hell outta her you better transplant to something bigger before flower I have no experience with flowering a rootbound plant but it cant be good

4. can't the only 3 I care about are the 3 northern lights in the air pots d the one in a solo and the one I'm the 2 gallon are regular seeds so if they make it thay make it

5. #45 jtrain252, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
    Day 12
    I woke up temps were 84 humidity 29
    Is it me or are the new growth slightly yellow I could just be imagining it. Anyway they were transplanted 2 days ago and we're light watered should I water again they seem droopy to me [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Hey man thats definitely looks yellow to me also to be honest im not sure hope someone with more experience can chime in here I wanna says a nute def but im not sure how are they lookin today?

7. I'll take a pic when I'm home.it's fox farm soil so it should not be deficient especially this early

8. Day 13
    All the pots felt light weight and since im not going to be home Thursday-Sunday i figured id give them their first full watering in there 3 gallon air pots. They should be able to last 3 days no water at their size. I put all the containers in the bathtub and gave each 2 quarts/2 liters. they started to drain out of the bottom so i let them sit for 10 minutes so they stopped and put them back into the tent. As temperatures are cooling my tent running 90 percent closed is 81 degrees at 49 humidity.......Light i moved up a couple inches to give them all the most light......Any tips or observations Let me know
    Thank you for stopping by.

These pictures were taken 1 hour after watering 2 hours before lights out
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Day 14
    So i wont update until 17 pots are freshly watered, Tent is 83 degrees with 40 humidity.
    If i had to guess i think the 3 smart pots all house my northern lights because those three plants look identical the other two i believe are my afghan regulars....Light is 18/6.....Im hoping the Solo cup can withstand another 4 weeks without dying i may have to take it out cut the roots in half and put it back...I will not change the light schedule until my autos have had a few weeks in flower.........Any Comments or suggestions are always appreciated.
    These two look the same to me
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

These 3 have the same yellowish coloring when they start a new set of leafs i think these 3 are my northern autos

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Day 21
    I dont even know if anyone is reading these. So i received my 4in Filter and 4in fan....hooked everything up with zip ties, it is no louder then the fan i have outside the tent blowing air in. So after i installed everything I shut the tent. Now before no extraction fan my tent would shoot up to 97 closed.....Now it runs 83 at the highest which is good. So i think i have issues with my plants when i was looking at them i had 2 plants that looked like their veins were yellowing and then the New growth is yellowed.....I did some research and i guess it could either be sulfur or a mag deficiency. So i went to Ride aid bought epsom salt. I put 1 tablespoon per 1 gallon of water. And since its 21 days I also mixed in a 1/4 dose of Big Bloom and a 1/4 dose of Grow big. Each 2.2 gallon Air pot got 1 full gallon of water which i had run off ......
    Now they are perky. But stems are still purple and leaves are still yellowish..... Hopefully the Epsom salt/Big bloom/Grow big combo worked....I was gone 3 1/2 days and my soil in one of them wasnt fully dry...So i probably wont water again now until thursday....Still not sure how close i should have my LED light i can see the intensity Difference when im 3-4 inches away as opposed to 7-8 as opposed to 12-12

Anyway here is the trouble plants first and then a shot of them all after 2 hours later
    Trouble Plants
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now after watering, the one in the middle droopy i just transplanted from a solo cup. Its the biggest i could get in there its a 2 1qt powerade bottles, i cut one in half so its about 1qt 1/2 of soil.

3 hours later

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]\\[​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks anyone whose following. O and when do i start LST so lower branches get more light

11. Day 22
    Plants look good no more yellowing then yesterday so maybe the epsom salt and nutes helped.......now I'm not going to do any training on the round. My goal is to let them grow how they grow and hope for the best as that is what loki does. If i do well I'll do another auto run....if not I'll switch to phenos and run a 2x2 Scrog
    Some pics half way through the day

Attached Files:

12. Day 23 from germ
    Day 18 from sprout/ one plant I am 15 days
    So plants look good, I checked the soil and it's still pretty damp about 1 inch down near the stem so I believe I won't have to water until at least Thursday which is the 4 day mark.....this right now is how I will be watering .
    Thursday day 20 1/4 strength big bloom aND grow big. Sunday day 23 1/2 strength of big bloom,grow big. Thursday day 27 1/2 strength big bloom, 1/4 strength tiger bloom and grow big. I will do 1 4 gallon water flush around day 30-35 then stick with half doses of big bloom. And Tiger bloom until the final week before chop where I will flush again......currently plants are 6 inches tall at day 18....tent is running 86 today so I opened it a hair dropped the back to 83with 39 rh...
    Thanks for looking suggestions are always welcome

Attached Files:

13. Day 24 germ
    Day 19 sprout
    So still ok got a little warmer today at 76 f so my tent temps were 87 I had to leave it open and it dropped to 85 by Saturday it's supposed to drop to low 60s we should be ok.....plants are smelling if I'm right up against them. I hope they are ok size wise. Light is still 17inch high......I tried slightly tucking some fan leaves on my taller plant. Anyway soil still slightly damp will probably do my heavy water/ feeding tomorrow night around 7pm lights go off at 11. If not I'll get them first thing friday.....I'll be dosing them with half a shot of grow big and half a shot of big bloom see what happens

Attached Files:

14. Day 25 germ
    Day 20 sprout
    I was going to wait to water until tomorrow but I have a lot of running to do so I did it tonight. ....each plant was given 1 tablespoon of big bloom and 1 teaspoon of grow big....tempstill up in the 88 86 range due to outside being 80. By Saturday our tempsite are dropping and I will be ok. Everything looks ok new growth is Brightg green. Middle leaveschool are medium green bottom leaves feel dryish6and grayish green. Only issue I'm seeing is my one plant has a couple of these tiny spots they are brownish. ...not sure what it is.

Attached Files:

15. Day 26 germ
    Day 21 sprout
    Checked on them today temps are down to 82..................Plants look healthy. I watered/dosed them Yesterday 1 Tablespoon of Bigbloom and 1 cap of Grow big in 1 gallon of water to each plant. No burning so next watering/week, i will bump up the grow big to 2 caps....That will be 28ish days and then ill start easing into flower nutes.......No pics and no more updates until sunday .

16. Hey bro plants are looking good I did a quick search looks like those spots could be cal def in a month those babies are gonna grow alot stretxh time is here

17. #58 jtrain252, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
    well I used a tablespoon of epsom salt 2 feedings ago and I know that the salt gives mag.and calcium....any ideas how to boost calcium...should i make a foliar spray or next watering should I put 2 tablespoons

18. The spots are probably a cal Def or some type of bug. Keep up the good work & keep us updated!

19. You use epson salt for magnesium not calcium.

If you REALLY need calcium, there is cal mag.