Here Comes The Pope

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Dont know what that is mate.

2. Google Jerry Sandusky penn state.

3. He was a football coach.

4. And a child rapist....boy children, that is...

5. The pope, who is the head of the wealthiest and most powerful organization in the world, hates capitalism and freedom of speech, arrives in DC today.

Every one of these politicians is afraid to tell him to go back to the Vatican where he belongs.

6. Ben Carson said the other day he would not support a Muslim for president. They said that about Catholics once.

I like Francis. I think he's the best pope of my lifetime.

7. A Muslim would get elected over an Atheist, and the pope would support the former, hands down.

The pope has absolutely nothing to bring to the United Stated other than divisiveness, his own agenda, and the anti-freedom platform of his organization.

It's a shame to see liberals and others taken in by this scam artist.

8. There are 69.4 million Catholics in the USA who look to the pope for leadership, and he's never been here before, so to say he "has absolutely nothing to bring to the United Stated [sic]" is kind of silly. ;)

To the extent that a pope exists (think of it as a necessary evil if you like), don't you want him to be a better pope than the last one?

9. To hear NBC news, and I imagine other news outlets, tell it, every single American Catholic, 70 million people, is elated that this pope is coming over. Does he really matter to most of them?

I am not going to say that I like somebody like this, his personality is not my complaint, it's the organization he represents, and it is based on what I believe is a lie, in fact many lies. The political ramifications, of what the Catholic Church tries to achieve, are enough to make me say that his Visa should not even be approved.

The pope hates freedom, which is what America stands for, and I can not sit still and say that he's a "good pope", simply because the Catholic Church has a massive PR problem of their own doing and elected a populist to temporarily pacify the masses. As soon as they get their power back, it's back to business as usual, which history proves because he's not the first pope to say a few things that people like to hear.

10. The Pope is coming. Ok. Whatever. I really don't care as long as his visit isn't a call for sawing off non-catholics' heads or blowing up buses, trains, and malls filled with innocent people, or his visit isn't yet another Leftist ploy to spread their particular doctrines of deceit.

Religious groups present a wide variety of concerns to us non-conformists ranging from minor annoyance to life threatening. The Pope and catholic people don't rank very high on the list of American concerns, though the evil propensity for celibate priests to engage in child molestation of little boys certainly doesn't allow the religion to be considered completely innocuous. Maybe they should read what their Bible says about those who forbid marriage and abstain from certain foods for supposedly religious reasons.

"Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth."

-- 1 Timothy 4:1-3

But at least they aren't conspiring to kill everyone that doesn't believe every word the Pope utters.

11. #32 garrison68, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015
    In the cities that are affected by the Pope's visit, it will mean traffic jams, closed businesses due to crowds, and millions of dollars in additional public services to pay for his protection and comfort. It's a waste of the taxpayers' money, and a burden to those who have to navigate through the mess, just to get home, to work, doctor's appointments, school, child-care, etc. The areas affected will be NYC, Philly, and D.C.

In 30 years, the world will have nine billion people and, due to his total opposition to artificial birth control, the pope is indirectly responsible for much of that overcrowded population, and the human misery that will accompany it.

12. In my opinion, NYC, Philly, and D.C deserve to have their lives and monies fucked with by a leftist ideologue after all the unnecessary shit they inflict on the rest of the nation thru their incessant nonsense. being essentially controlled by ideological idiots.

13. I was not aware that the City of New York City, or Philadelphia, has any jurisdiction over the rest of the country. Whatever wonderful place you live in must be paradise, because people are clamoring to get into NYC, and very few can manage it.

I would not wish the pope on any district, city, state or country.

14. there is a difference between jurisdiction and influence. But, I'll be civil and agree with your last sentence. [​IMG]

15. Today, the pope has elevated Reverend Junípero Serra, an 18th Century Spanish Franciscan missionary, to sainthood. Native Americans turned out to protest, because Serra worked alongside the Spanish and Mexican officials, and their military forces, who oppressed, enslaved, killed, and destroyed the culture of, many thousands of Native Americans in order to convert them, and take over their land.

Nice going, Pope Francis, I hope that you sleep well, knowing that you have immortalized a butcher.

More about the Junipero Serra canonization controversy:
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/23/pope-...

16. @garrison68
    Were you raised as a Catholic?

17. I've been following Francis' visit on TV and saw (what appeared to be) one of the more humble world leaders of my lifetime. "Please pray for me. I need it."

18. Yes, it was attempted.

19. Same here.