Here Comes The Pope

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Here is the official schedule for his upcoming visit to the United States.

http://www.popefrancisvisit.com/official-final-sch...

My opinion is that we don't need him, we have enough problems here already without his meddling, and his visa should be denied. But since that isn't going to happen, I wish him a good journey, a safe stay, and hopefully this will be his last appearance on our shores during his reign as pope.

2. frank zappa cool hahahah thats a good album but yeah i see your point but thats how things are and i dont think the pope hurts anyone except maybe little boys [​IMG]

3. I do not believe that he is a child molester, but if you think that he's harmless I would suggest that you consider the fact that he is the head of one of the world's richest and most powerful organizations, which has caused enough harm to mankind to fill volumes, and then some. The pope should be called before a world tribunal to answer for crimes against humanity, committed by the Roman Catholic Church.

4. I like this pope. Focuses more on the do's of Catholicism and less of the do nots. I think if there was a god he would be more concerned with helping those in need than punishing gay people.

5. what did they do

6. Lock up your children

7. Never liked pope in my oj

8. #8 F4TbluNTZ420, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
    Yes, because obviously it's Pope Francis's fault for the crimes of the church... Getting him as a pope was the best thing that could happen to the church. Apart from becoming illegal, i mean.

9. [​IMG]

10. #10 garrison68, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
    They elected Jorge Mario Bergoglio, and he pretends to be more sympathetic to the people than his predecessors were. The only reason for such a move is the incredibly bad PR they've had for the past 20 years regarding their coverups of priests abusing children, sexually. This has cost the Church a rather large amount of their vast wealth.

Pope Francis is 100% opposed to the legalization of recreational drugs:

http://www.rawstory.com/2014/06/pope-francis-speak...

He is against artificial birth control, and would keep abortion and birth control illegal everywhere.

Here's a video about this Pope's views on freedom of speech, after the terrorist attacks in Paris against the satire magazine Charlie Hebdo:

11. You can't always have your cake and eat it. Those Charlie Hedbo dudes knew what they were doing and what the risks were. Just because you take religion has a joke doesn't mean others will take it likely also. Fuck Em.

And if you wanna bring Francis up on War Crimes lets do the same for Obama and the government who have been commiting acts of crime for decades upon decades lol.

12. #12 garrison68, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
    So, are we to assume that you agree with the pope that certain subjects, such as criticism or satire of religion, are wrong, and violence used by those who are offended is justified?

13. #13 BluntedUp, Sep 18, 2015
    Im not gonna justify what happen cause it was wrong, what I mean is when you put yourself out there like that you should know the risks. It's not like they were speaking out against islamist injustice. They were full on drawing portraits of Mohammed and you know islamist would of had them as targets. We know people take religion very serious and they played that thin line and what happened happened.

And I don't even like religion, I hate the shit but I understand that people are willing to kill for their bullshit and that faith is very powerful. To each is own but i'd never put myself in that position even if they felt they were standing up to terrorism.

Besides, 200 girls were kidnapped that week, but Charlie Hedbo completely took over the media. So while hundreds of parents were trying to get their daughters back we were sitting here supporting provocateurs of a already nasty situation. Let me reiterate that i'm not a fan of religion, but Francis is correct to a degree. Not because it is the right thing to do, but because in this world actions have reactions whether they are right or wrong and quite frankly Charlie Hedbo brought it upon themselves.

14. I understand your point, and agree with it that the journalists knew the risks they were taking and brought it upon themselves, but that is not the same thing as this idiot pope is saying. He is against freedom of speech. Of course he would say that he's against the killings, but he would have no problem with blasphemy laws that prohibit statements or satire targeting his religion, or others as they do stick together. That is the difference - he does not stand up for free speech, and actually opposes it.

With the Pope, those who speak against his word are wrong, plain and simple, and religion is not supposed to be made fun of.

This is exactly what the policies of the Catholic Church have been forever, and I am pointing out that he is not a reformer or any different, and not the first pope to say other things that people like hearing. He is a phony, a liar, and a hypocrite, just like every single one of his predecessors was.

15. Alright I see where your coming from, yea I agree.

Catholicism not only have blood on their hands but a genocide they are responsible for. And the stories about popes from history are shameful too lol.

Nobody should have to worry about speaking against religion aslong as they understand the potential risks.

16. What i was saying is that a pope can't take blame for something a previous pope did, lol. What's the point?

17. He is continuing what they did. He is the head of the Roman Catholic Church. Saying that he is not responsible for anything is just wrong. They OWE, big time, and he's the big chief.

18. The catholic church is so out of date its mouldy lol

If any other organisation such as the scouts,boys brigade etc had been accused/convicted of the child abuse the catholic church has bern involved in. Well there would be public enquiries and outrage which would inevitably result in the total closure of the said organisation.

Lets remember this isnt just a few cases of touching up a few alter boys. Its literally thousands of boys and rape and physically abuse. Man even the nuns are sadistic as fuck.

Did you also know there 15 priests who never ever leave the vatican cz if they did they would be arrested for child abuse and extradited to the country of the crime.

What kind of people protect/buy off/defend child molesters?!!!!

19. Penn state. That's about the only that comes to mind.

20. #20 Jason Van Jason, Sep 18, 2015
    You people. Do you realize the same text that they used to justify killing people because they were non-believers is almost the same text today? Nothing has changed. If the system falls apart, they will go right back to choppin heads off non-believers and the fags better just run.

All these people need to get their heads out of the sand.. This is a foreign body that controls power in our own countries around the world. The pope says we kill non-believers, that means you defend yourself and your beliefs, never mind all the progress that has happened with the church not in power.

The sooner this religion gets put down, the better off our future is going to be. Like seriously, who the fuck is this guy to dictate to other people what they should or should not do, simply by the context of his understanding of a piece of text and he seems to have no problem doing so and neither will any of the popes that come after he passes.