Blunts wont hit after a certain point

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Extra Girthy Meat, Sep 17, 2015.

1. This is my first post [​IMG]

I haven't been smoking for very long, only since January, and even then I was always with my brother. I've been doing it alone for an even shorter amount of time. Needless to say my blunt packing (yes packing, not rolling) "skills" are kind of ass. For some reason that I can't figure out, after about two inches down the blunt, I have to suck REALLY hard to get a hit, and even then i often end up getting no smoke out of it. Then towards the end it starts hitting again. I've tried packing it tight, kinda-but-not-very-tight, and even loose. I have no idea what the hell is causing this. The weird thing is, it always stops and starts hitting at the same point

every

damn

time.

Help? :'(

Also sorry if I posted this in the wrong place

2. It sounds to me like you're packing it too tight. Look up some videos on blunt rolling on YouTube and you'll be a pro in no time. Learning to roll correctly instead of packing your blunts will fix this problem for sure. Happy smoking!

3. Definitely packing it too tight, you need to let it be loose, you should be able to get good air flow through the blunt before lighting it. In all honesty though, a blunt you stuff vs roll is not going to smoke nearly as well. I smoke Raw Cones and stuff those and they definitely don't burn quite as even as when I roll, but they come in very handy

4. Massage the blunt with your fingers to loosen up the goods a little before you smoke. Make sure you can easily inhale through it before you light it. If the draw starts to tighten up, feel along the blunt for any clogs (tightly packed bud) and roll in between your thumb and index finger while applying gentle pressure.

5. Things that kills the blunt for me:

1) Improper preparation: Leaving in small pieces of bud will clog the blunt for me. I prefer to use a grinder on my weed rather than scissors or cutting.

2) Too tight. Packing or rolling too tight will not allow air flow. Sometimes I use a cardboard tube, sometimes not but always roll loose enough for airflow.

3) As indicated above, rolling the blunt between the fingers is a good way to generate airflow but it won't make a difference if the weed is clogged so again, preparation of the weed is the key.

6. Do yourself a favor and learn to roll. You'll enjoy your blunt/joint a lot more.