Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking alone frowned upon?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nightride, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Decided to look at a website about pot addiction for a laugh. It seems like it's actually serious, but here are some of the signs of addiction they listed:

Do you ever get high alone?
    Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world?
    When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?

Smoking alone is something abnormal? And what the hell do they mean by a "privately defined world"?

2. who knows...it's reefer madness zealots use of propaganda and misinformation phrases...so it could mean anything they chose it to be.

3. It's in the Bay Area though, aren't they pretty liberal? See what you think... http://www.ma-sf.org/2009/04/twelve-questions_02.html

4. When I get low I think " oh shit now I gotta hit someone up and deal with the run around I get from some."
    "Hey man ill be home at 11"
    Sorry man fell asleep" yea? Right when you got home u fell asleep?

Never worried or anxious but definitely annoyed

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. anti pot profiteering is not new...
    there is no such thing as marijuana addiction - it is a lie created by quacks that are paid well to perpetuate the idea that a choice = addiction (gives the paying client an excuse for the choices they made that got them in trouble...)

6. I smoke alone.

7. Lmao ok when people run out of captain crunch do they get anxious to go get more? So stupid bro. there's more health than bad benefits to smoking weed than not using it. Your body will appreciate the stress relief. Shit like that pisses me off, same thing with cough Syurp or vitamins or something when you get low of course you'll be like wtf I need more. Just do you dude and smoke as much as you want but still functioning

8. I smoke alone all the time. My friends smoke alone too. And occasionally we smoke together. Many people on this forum are like that. Nothing wrong with it.

When i get low i call up my guy and run to his house to pickup some. I'm never really worried about it because i don't need it. It just enhances my life. I only vape so it has more health benefits and barely any health risks. Way healthier than that 400mg coffee some people drink everyday.

9. "Smoking alone frowned upon?"

Who's there to frown if your alone?

10. unless you're a teen pretty much every adult with a family smokes alone

11. I haven't smoked with anybody in probably three years.

Don't know what they mean about the world thing but it sounds something like introversion.

I'm an introvert, that's partly why I smoke alone, along with that's just how my life is now.

12. Nothing wrong with smoking alone. I like to mix it up. Can't remember where, but I heard the gov't is giving $3 million to the first pharmaceutical company to come up with a "cure" to MJ "addiction". Your tax dollars hard at work. Big Pharma gets more entrenched, and they get to perpetuate that MJ is addicting, to help with a case to keep it Schedule 1 (even though it fits NONE of the criteria). They are also spending tax money in Washington (can't remember which city) to determine if weed use is more recreational or medicinal by testing sewer excrement and comparing weekend to weekday usage (can't remember the source, but if those facts are correct…jesus).

13. I smoke alone all the time. Also sometimes I smoke with my brother, sometimes I smoke with my friends.

14. Yes, that all sound plausible, lol. Yer kidding, right?

The pharmas are making so much off prescribed drugs that they probably don't even know what the word "marijuana" is.

We are in a pill culture, doctors prescribe drugs for nearly everything that's wrong with you (don't ask me how I know that). Years ago, it wasn't legal to advertise prescription drugs on TV. That has all changed now, people see them on TV, then go into their doctor and demand they get this or that script.

The doctors don't want to listen to it, even though they (many of them, anyway) know they are over-prescribing, so they cave and write the script.

It isn't their fault, it isn't the fault of the pharma companies, it's the way our culture and gov't-run health care is now.

It didn't used to be this way.

15. My grandma takes a thousand pills a day. I asked her why she needs them and she couldn't say. I asked if she trusts her doctor,nand she couldn't say. I think I got her a bit skeptical now

16. :)

I read a book, "Overdosed America," some years ago, written by an MD.

Quite eye-opening.

17. I love blazin by myself!! Puff Puff an oh guess Puff some more!

18. can't count on friends if you don't have any to begin with. Propaganda bullshit before the next election year