First time grow cfl Auto chemdog

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sheeeetbag, Sep 16, 2015.

1. I got three auto chemdog from auto seeds. One was smashed in shipping. One didnt germ. And the last one looks good. Its in a 20 gallon fabric pot.40% Ff happy frog 30% perelite 30% coco pete moss.

Attached Files:

2. Im using fox farm trio. Need some guidance/ tips and tricks

3. Nice tent. Looks healthy.

4. Also in the market for some more seeds. Here a few i been thinking about
    about1.) moby dick xxl dinafem
    2.) vertigo
    3.) dinafem critical jack
    If anyone has experience with these or other autos id appreciate it

5. Bagseed grow i alongside the chemdog. Hope its a lady.

Attached Files:

6. Ha thanks . i got the tent from an amazon reseller. Geneva barnes.

Attached Files:

7. Ugh

Attached Files:

8. jus finishing my 1st grow. I also went with Fox farms everything put soil. First run came out great for what it is a person run

9. Ok cool. Did you run autos

10. #10 sheeeetbag, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
    🌱🍀🌿🌲🌲

11. You guys need to invest in a TDS/EC tester pen if you don't have one regardless of what brand of nutrients you go with. The little pen that allows you to see how strong your nutrient solution is and also measure how naturally hard or soft your water is...which contributes to pH issues. Until I got the tester, I burned everything I had...even when intentionally trying to go light with the nutrients. LOL You can get a pretty decent one for less than $20 and it's quite peaceful knowing what you're pouring in isn't going to cause them to start keeling over in 2 or 3 days. And remember, you can always add more...but you can't take it back out. So go light with your nutrient mix until you're sure your particular strain is going to be OK. Also, make sure whatever liquid goes into your plant(s) is adjusted to the correct pH range...if you want to grow a healthy plant. pH imbalance in your water/nutes will cause the roots of your plant to lock up and not allow it to take in nutrition...which makes it a sad plant and sad plants don't yield much. All in all, these things are weeds. If you give them the basics they need to grow, they'll do all the work. Good luck!

12. - You have a lot of drainage with that ratio of Happy Frog, Perlite, and coco pete moss. That means you'll have to be careful about not letting it dry out. The leaves will droop if they are under-watered. I poke my finger down into the soil at the periphery of the pot so you don't damage roots. If you can feel a little moisture (or coolness as minute water droplets evaporate on your finger), it probably doesn't need watering.

- You can take a wooden skewer stick and insert it into the soil clear to the bottom of the pot. When you pull it out, you can easily tell.how dried out it is and to what depth. I let mine get pretty dry (but not wilted) before watering. The biggest mistake 1st timers make is over watering.

- For reference, I use 2 gal Happy Frog to every gal of Perlite, and I average watering about every 5 days, depending on ambient temp & humidity.

- When you do water, add enough to get a little bit coming out the bottom of the fabric pot. If you keep watering you are flushing the soil. That may be something you are intending to do but for normal watering, it's at worst, a nute wash out. With your soil content, it will be hard to over-water and actually hurt anything (unless you do it repeatedly and wash all the goodies out of the soil).

- adjust the pH of your water and water/nutes to about 6.5 before adding - doesn't have to be exact. It's just the middle of the range. I lucked out - my well water (AHEAD of the softener) is 6.5. [​IMG]

- You're using CFLs? I've found that LED lites work real well with CFLs. Btw - nothing wrong with CFLs only. I have a 300 watt LED full spectrum lite plus I use 6500K CFLs in veg stage and switch to 2700K when the plants begin budding. I put the LED above the plants and the CFLs around the periphery. Everyone has their own preferred arrangement. Get some more seeds and experiment with shit..

- Keep the air (and plant leaves and branches) moving with a fan. [Note: this also tends to dry out the soil faster]

There's a million other things but you'll get the feel for it. And my way is nothing more than that. I been getting an average of 1.6 oz per autofem plant but it's strain dependent. I usually experiment with one thing each grow. You'll get comfortable with your own way of doing things quick enough.

Good luck!

13. Ok im not sure why they have these marks. I havent givin any nutes. I thing its because i actually touched them without washing my hands

Attached Files:

14. What do you expect on yield from your room with these strains?

15. Thats great advice. Im using general hydroponics ph up and down. I have tested the run off yet because i havent given em that much water. Its a huge pot so it would take alot of water and the plants are small. I use a brita filter and let the water sit for 24hrs before i use it. I use the same water in the humidifier. What % humidity is optimal for seedlings?
    With the led can you send me a link to a similar product

16. #16 sheeeetbag, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
    I dont persay "expect" anything. Everything i grow is personal. Basically i want to grow the highest yeild
    and potent as posible...

17. Setup at this point

Attached Files:

18. If you do not get the yield that you would like on this time around. Add a little more light until the heat becomes a problem.

19. I have more lights. I had to scale it down the plants are small now and i plan on adding more as needed.

20. There are three 100w 6500 and a 300w 6500 right now you dont think thats enough for theses seedlings