CBD Organic 8 plant grow Royal Medic Dance World

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Father Ted, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Day 57 From Seed

Well what a difference a couple of weeks make. What was looking disastrous is now looking not so bad. I have weeded out a 5th plant and now have the 4 strongest. 2 Dance world and 2 royal medic.

I transferred all plants exactly a week ago into 50 litre pots using organic canna soil and continued to LST the girls. They are now growing a good inch or two a day. I have topped all the top branches to slow down growth and allow the outer branches to catch up. Im training the girls around the pots. Also repositioned my carbon filter so it is vertical, the fan is now outside of the room in the loft above.

These girls are drinking lots, 40 litres between all 4 for a 4-8 litre run (that was given 8 days after repotting)

PH of water going in is 6.5 (amended with citric acid). I'm feeding the girls once a week

PH coming out is 6.3 so I am happy with that.

Humidity is a rock solid 60% and day temps of 23-24 degrees c, with lights off temps of 18 degrees.

Currently on 18/6. Lights on at 5pm, lights off at 11am. 600w MH on a euro reflector.

This is a lazy grow with bought in organic nutes, but time hasn't allowed I spent so long trying to find out what the problem were I have gone for tried and tested. now my ph problems are sorted I will start thinking about brewing my teas and start top dressing with vermi etc etc. I'm planning on veging for another good couple of weeks. I will be extending the room to incorporate a seating area to save my back and smell drifting out in turn. Will also be installing my cool tube when I get chance so I can up the light to 1000w for the past couple of weeks. Ive got 4 girls on this grow, and given that I got 11 ounces off of 8 in my last grow Im going to need to grow these a whole lot bigger (hence the 50 litre pots).

The white on the leaves is diatomaceous earth.

Attached Files:

2. Finally done the work on my room. Been up in the loft and fitted the ventilation and then ma cool tube.

Can now pump out 1200w.

At the minute I've just got loft air running through the cool tube. Its cold up there day and night this time of year. Will sort a proper intake out when I have time to fit an air tile on the roof. Pumping the hot air out thought the vent.

Attached Files:

3. Had 1200w running all night. Room temps topped at 18.6 degree C.

A little bit too cold lol. Thats about 6 colder than running a single 600w on a euro reflector. Cant wait to use it in summer now lol!

4. DAY 67 FROM SEED UPDATE

Quick picture update, getting a bit cramped in there now. Think I'm still going to continue to veg for another week, grow all those colas a bit taller and fatter before flipping to 12/12.

Girls all healthy, but hungry - going to give them a feed tomorrow. At the minute they are drinking a good 10 litres each every 5-7 days.

Room temps 20-22 at light on, 18 at lights off.

RH - 56-60% (now removed humifidier).

Attached Files:

5. Extended my grow room to incorporate a small work area/porch.

Will make things easier when working on the plants, no more smell and light leaks.

Just given the girls 40l of water and feed. They are hungry at the moment. Roots showing through the bottom of those 50l pots (were showing within a week of replanting from 12l pots.

Attached Files:

6. Some evidence of spider mite damage. Nothing serious but enough to warrant attention. As Im not far from flower Ive nuked them with diatom. earth.....hence why it looks like its been snowing....

Attached Files:

7. DAY 1 FLOWER UPDATE

Ok, flipped the lights to 12/12 10 days ago. Girls now showing some lovely white hairs, so I'm counting today as day 1 of flower. Hope you can see in the photos. The girls have all stretched a lil since flipping but this has slowed down already.

Stats:

50litre/12 gallon pots
    600w HPS
    250w MH
    150W CFL
    Daytime temps/humid 20C/55%
    Daytime temps/humid 18C/60%
    Watering once a week, 10l each.
    Plant height - Royal Medics 6 inches taller than dance worlds (as I expected).

The countdown to harvest begins. I expect the Royal Medics to take up to a week longer to mature, but lets see!

Attached Files:

8. DAY 5 Flower UPDATE

The 2 Royal Medics have stretched about 6-8 inches above the dance world. Some nice main colas on each that I have tied down so the canopy is even. Even with the cooltube I had 4/5 colas that grow to within about 7/8 inches of the bulbs and they looked a little stressed after a day that close.

Canopy nice and even again. One of the Dance World has some right ratty, shrivelled leaves. I cant work out if it's over watering, under watering, a mixture of both or they have shit genetics. The Royal Medics look unaffected and are healthy, vigorous and no insect damage. I think the Dance Worlds are going to yield poorly and Im hoping the Royal Medic will make up for it. With my last, and first grow, yielding over 10 ounces I think I will be lucky to match that. I've got a selection of 5/6 strains for my next grow and will be planting those out soon for a good 8 week veg time.

Attached Files:

9. END OF WEEK 1 FLOWER UPDATE

Buds starting to form now, seeing plenty of bud sites which makes makes me happy. Fed them 11l of water and feed each, yesterday. Will give at least another good dose of N before increasing other nutes for flowering.

Attached Files:

10. After 2 weeks trying to update this journal I've decided to stop doing it due to errors uploading the photos. Grown too frustrated.

Hopefully will be able to update with pics in 4/5 weeks when they are all done.

11. Tried again in vain to update this, but cant due to glitches. Reason I joined the site was to keep a journal so I could look back on a regular basis and compare grows etc and see how things are going just to assist my memory more than anything. Been unable to do that so decided to keep a journal offline and will consider other sites but they all look pants tbh.

Goodbye GC. Keep on growing, keep on smoking. God bless ya.

12. Hey, Father Ted, How'd Dance World come out?