NOOBIE GROWER W/DWC AND SOIL IN 3 CHAMBER TENT

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NeeF, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Ok so I kno you guys were gettin tired of me spamming ur guys post wit all my ?s so I decided to start my journal early so I can ask my ?s here and also show my progression so far wit my mini fridge grow that I was starting but got approval to get the tent which I should have this week and set up by Tuesday.

Ok so wit the mini fridge I had jus put a 4in fan wit a odor sok carbon filter on it for exhaust and a 120mm of fan for intake and a circulation fan also. I think I should have took out all the foam from the fridge since I'm having heat issues with the door shut so been running wit the door open which keeps temps around 75-80 but what's the point of that so when I get the tent I think I will work on him as a small project in the mean time. I run hydro in the fridge in a 4 gallon dollar store tub and only size that would fit was a clear one which is y u see the trash bag around the side so light doesn't hit the water. I've had a lil bit of problems so far wit the plant which I have no idea what is really wrong wit but all new growth seems to do ok until I run no nutes. Feeding and water changes is as scheduled Sunday nutes Wednesday fresh RO and tab which is well water and I oh the water to around 5.5-6.0 and I'm not using a digital oh meter right now jus the cheap color drop system for now I kno i know cheapo I'm getting there lol. Been using ff big bloom for nutes and jus did ff grow big today cuz I think I have a mag problem now so hoping that saves it I've only been doing one TPS for the 4 gallons so not to much as I've read and followed. Maybe I should mention that it's a bagseed huh and idk the genetics jus lookin to fix problems and learn a few techniques with this one real genetics are on order.

For as the tent goes I have a secret jardin lodge 2.5 which is 4x3x5 and am goin to run a 600w MH/HPS lights and going to try DWC and soil and try a small scrog wit the soil ones maybe only 1-2 in soil have pick up the tent yet so haven't seen the actual flowering chamber yet but figure I have at least 3x3 on that side minus the cloning chambers so we'll figure that out when we get there but for now enjoy the slideshow of the progression til now and I thank you for turning in to my first growing experience

All advice and criticism and jus general convo is kewl here!!!

LETS GROW TOGETHER!!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187104.256003.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187122.758476.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187137.226774.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187152.362717.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187168.397118.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187190.016832.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187218.437948.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187238.708390.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187255.593150.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187270.161444.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187283.980463.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187298.165747.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187321.801895.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187350.639751.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442187363.591629.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hey neef il follow along im not a hydro guy so not really sure whats up with your plant it looks hungry could be lockout mayb ph is off il let someone more experienced with hydro chime in

3. Yeah....I just stopped by to say the same thing....Ur new top growth has some deficiencies.....there are some real good charts on GC that display all the def. deltas. Check those out to help pinpoint the problems. Like the "cheese", I too grow in a no-till live soil, so [​IMG] about hydro.

But give us a[​IMG]over at HH's thread when you discover what the prob is and the solution you used to regain control over her....peace

4. Thanks guys and yea I jus added a table spoon to 2 gallons of water today the ff grow big called for 2-3 teaspoons so I figured that was good I don't have a ppm meter so jus working wit the eye right now thanks for stopping in guys ur free to post ur journals as well I need all the info I can get lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. And when u say no till soil what is that? I have ffof and seabird guano and a lil bit of coco coir cooking up right now need to add a few more bricks of coco and some perlite I fill what do u guys think?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well, it's a soil that you build (I probably have about 20 different amendments in my cooked soil), and a base soil I use on top of the "hotter" soil. As the plant gains strength she will feed off the hot mix. And no-till uses the same soil for anywhere from 5-10 years or more by adding a "booster" to the soil for the next grow cycle. Now there are several highly knowledgeable blades on the GC with YEARS of growing experience of all plant types. Mainly, top gear farmers, and it's these people I've studied and followed to set up my soil. So, with that, I would offer you to follow a GC by the name of Lumperdawg. You'll find him in every important organic soil thread and you will learn and be very happy once you follow the advice.

Check out these threads to get you started. Jerry's has a mix that I used as a base hot mix and added a few more amendments as I discovered their value in a no-till mix. Happy reading and learning my friend. Take Ur time, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/9...

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/650139-...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/336320-...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/951816-...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuan...
    http://www.rollitup.org/t/recycled-organic-living-...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/316510-...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1299862...

7. Subbed up man.

8. #8 PineWeasle, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
    Back when I did DWC i used genhydro flora duo to great success. Also had their cal mag humic and flora nectar. You kinda need a ppm meter and ph meter for hydro. In DWC ph can fluctuate quick and lock out nutes. as for the ppm, mixing at the rates any bottle says is way overkill, they are trying to sell more nutes. you can 1/2 the recommended dose and be fine. But thats why I went to soil, hydro is a lot of work with daily monitoring and a hefty price tag.

subbed up cant wait to see what you can grow

9. The price of hydro is why I stopped doing it....except for my aero-cloner...of course...hehehe but roots from my cloner love the soil I put them in... I've been testing products for my local store....but to be honest my organic soil did so much better....luckily for me I'm done with those tests and my cherry amnesia is being grown in a pure organic soil....

10. Thanks guys I'll prolly stay witha small res and do like only 2 wit hydro in the tent and scrog those if I can. Do u guys think it's to late to transplant her into soil? And for my soil I have FFOF, coco and some seabird guano that's been cookin for a week now does that sound ok or do I need to add some more stuff here's what that soil looks like thinkin I'm goin to add more coco to it for better flow heard ff stays a lil hot and moist ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442229063.868209.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cheese what's up man I see you all over the city

12. sea bird is for flower bat is for veg... Get some kelp meal and some crab meal/sea shall meal. Alfalfa will help with nitrogen but needs to "cook" in the soil for a minimum of four weeks or it can be to "hot" for your girls...lime and rock dust will help with ph and I think it's micro nutrients not for sure about that...if you can find an organic source of bone meal and blood meal throw it in as well...and the most important is to have a really good source of either/both ewc and/or compost....that's the basis of an organic soil.........hope this helps, I'm by no means an expert with organics, but I'm doing ok with my early soil mixes. Just need a few adjustments...as I tweak I'll update you...

13. Ok thanks bro we got a hydro store here and sells all that stuff so once I pay for the tent I'll start getting that stuff as well thanks bro for the advice and yes those updates would b great

14. No problems I'd suggest visiting the organics page here in GC or look up a good organic mix on Google...regardless you'll have an excellent start on organic growing....

15. #15 The Widow White, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
    Order a TDS/EC meter NOW if you're going to stick with the hydro. Without it, you're totally flying blind as to the strength of the nutrient solution you're feeding your plants. Since they're depending solely on you for nutrition, you MUST understand it and get it right if you want those plants to be healthy. I will say this, you're doing better than 99% of the new growers who try hydro to start out with. Typically, soil is a much less stressful method for the new grower to start with since it's more forgiving and allows the grower to become familiar with only growing the plant and learning to manage it's ups and downs. With hydro, it's difficult for the new grower to tell where the issues are coming from...the plant or the hydro setup, when they happen and it's too technical for most. But the pen is less than $20 and definitely a necessary expense for a hydro grow. Good luck!

16. Yeah, you kinda need a decent pH meter for hydro. Don't hurt for soil either. TDS (ppm) meter can be a cheapo, but something you should have for hydro. You really want to know those numbers, and be able to track them.
    A good set of nutes is a must as well.

17. Yea I kno I started off wrong in a rush wit it and didn't get everything so with the tent I took some time and plan on getting all that b4 i start in the tent I appreciate all the help guys Ina pick everything up when I go get the tent and checkin the organic dudes out now

18. I think most of us started out that way, growing your first crop is exciting. But Hindsight is 20/20, I have been growing for 5 years now and I am still learning new things (thanks to some of those organic dudes) and changing plans. You can still transplant into soil as long as you are careful w/ the roots. Also you haven't added many amendments to the soil so it shouldn't be too "hot", the FFOF is already cooked so you should be fine. Keep on reading and keep asking questions, and of course keep on growing, your crops will only get better.

19. Ok....here is my 2c worth and this process will allow Ur girl to gain strength before hitting a hot soil.

Go get some EWC (Walmart/HD...easy enough to find) and also get some regular potting soil. Now Ur FF has amendments in it but also sometimes carries some unwanted critters, so get some "neem oil" / DE (local nursery) so you can mix that into the FF soil. Place the FF mix in the bottom 1/3 to 1/2 of Ur final grow container and fill the remainder with the EWC/potting soil. Place Ur young lady in the soil, and as she matures and gains enough strength to feed off the lower 1/2 of the nute soil she'll be strong enough to handle it and U should be ok. HTH...

20. So here's the tent wit the light in it do u guys think I have enough room doing some LST and I thinkin scrog wit soil now and not doin the hydro but thanks for all the help guys and I'm sure I'll b needing more so stay turn