Hot Rod Drag Week 2015 - LIVE

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by ImTheJoker4u2, Sep 13, 2015.

1. #1 ImTheJoker4u2, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    So if you've never heard of it, thats OK - You can come out from under your rock now [​IMG]
    Hot Rod Drag Week is the biggest thing in the full bodied, street driven drag car world. Over 300 cars, everything from your newer daily driven Camaros and Mustangs, to classic muscle cars, to Jeff Lutz's 6 second drag cars - And everything in between - Drive their cars 1000 miles, on back roads, between 5 tracks over 5 days. Its the most intense week in drag racing and culminates with the crowning of the undisputed champion of "Americas Fastest Street Car" [​IMG]
    Check it out via LIVE STREAM starting tomorrow (Monday 9/14) @ 8AM EST for 5 days of live - Uninterrupted - Non-stop, street car shootouts!!

LET THE MAYHEM BEGIN!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Live NOW.. Looks like its gonna be a good day... Looking to break some records today B)

3. No records broken (That I know of) but there are 4 days left. The weak are already falling like flies B)
    I was mistaken in the start time. They're in the mid-west - so its actually Central Time Zone (Or twilight zone as I called it when I lived there :laughing: ) so start times may vary by location...
    Jeff Lutz and Jeff Jr. are running new cars this year. They're what I would call barely legal "Street cars". Like they must know somebody at the DMV :laughing:
    It all starts again tomorrow morning B)

4. Ha, I was a drag nut when I was young. Me and my buddies went to the races every week, sometimes twice. Drank our fucking heads off and by the time we left the strip (Saturday night) we were all hyped up on loud engines and beer. We'd race back to the bar, about 5 miles away.

It was on one of the most dangerous highways in the region, but we never had a problem. By the time we closed the bar we could barely walk. LOL, the good old days.

I raced a couple of cars I had, one was a stock 440 Roadrunner, got runner-up. This was when they classed them like "A Stock," etc. My RR was "E Stock," lost to a 396-375 Camaro with headers.

But I haven't paid any attention at all to drag racing for over 40 years. :(

5. #5 ImTheJoker4u2, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
    Yesterday's racing at Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Illinois, saw
    a number of drivers smash the fastest e.t. in their respective classes,
    including Jeff Lutz's 1969 Chevy Camaro Pro Mod smashing the Drag Week
    record with a 6.051 pass at 251.95 miles per hour, which is also the
    highest mph for any street-licensed car.
    Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/events/hot-rod-drag-week/201...

Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook

Day 2
    Jeff Lutz is stranded 60 miles from the track with a burnt up fuel pump....
    Had one 6 second run @ 251MPH, which was the fastest speed EVER. And they can go faster.
    Been epic racing so far and theres a few hours left...

6. We must have hung out in the same circles lol
    I havent been to the track in a few years, but Im still hooked lol
    I watch Drag Week all the way through :laughing:

7. Bad news kids....

Attached Files:

8. So today is the last day of racing. Today all the drivers that completed Drag Week get to compete in a heads-up bracket style race today. Theres about 250 cars that completed Drag Week, so we'll have to see who sticks around for more punishment ;)
    I *think* a few of the bigger names (Lutz, Farrone) are gonna stick around for some exhibition runs.
    The action all starts @ 11AM CST(? Might be EST or PST :laughing: )

On a side note.....
    One of the announcers brought up a good point yesterday... Out of 300 cars there was ONE import.. That had an LS swap done. There were only two 4-bangers (A dodge Omni and something else) and two 6ers (A Grand National, and an old Plymouth Valiant). Drag Week is open to ALL competitors. All you need is a pair of slicks, and a car that will drive 1000 miles while taking a beating at the track every day.
    I have a theory as to why there are so few imports at Drag Week, or racing at all. They all suck. :p :laughing:
    No power, no traction, no comfort, no luxury, no soul, no passion... Nothing but economy. Cheap shit for cheap people.

When I see a honda do this:
    [​IMG]
    I'll be impressed.. Until then, to me and many others, they are nothing more than horrid, cramped, little, soul-less, slow, econo-death-boxes...

So my question to you all is this: If these shitty little hondas and nissans that all you kids are into are so great & wonderful, why aren't more of them racing???

What say you GC?

9. Hey Joker, no ricer for this old man!

[​IMG]

10. Nice!! My old man has a 89 bone stock vette...
    Grab a pair of slicks, practice your RT, and get in for next year... Heads up though.. It sells out in MINUTES [​IMG]

11. Thanks, but too old, no interest in racing it. It's a cherry, loaded, bone stock '07 and I drive it around like the old man that I am. Yeah I floor it once in a while but not that much. Never had it past about 105 mph.

[​IMG]

12. LOL - I hear ya...

SO - It looks like racing will commence in about an hour and 15 minutes from now....

Okay I was gonna post the link, but its not up yet on here, but it is on the youtube app on my 360[​IMG]
    Anywho.. Motor Trend Channel on Youtube.com
    Enjoy :wave:

13. #13 ImTheJoker4u2, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    So after quite a run around I found the link to todays race.. T-20 minutes

14. Well kids - Its over - For this year....
    See you next September :wave:

15. Hey Joker, I hope to see you around before September 2016!

Where do you normally hang around? :confused: Grow section, I'm betting.

16. Used to, but I cant grow lately :(
    Im in this automotive forum.. or Nirvana lol

17. I am thinking of building a car for either 2017 or '18. Will have to see what kind of car to get and how much I want to put into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk