SUPER SOIL - FINAL FLUSH OR DRY SOIL?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by ColoradoCanna, Sep 11, 2015.

1. #101 waktoo, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    [​IMG]

2. i think the majority of folks just want to understand why its not cool to flush just because there is so much flushing going on. lol if people are reading and asking about what they're reading, thats ok with me but asking why? why? why? why? like a three year old gets on my nerves and i won't help someone but instead tell them how to find their answer. if they don't bother to look and keep going on with their questions, i tell them that i spend a lot of time reading to find these answers that they can find on their own. sometimes pretty rudely.

GC is awesome and i one of the things that makes it awesome is the blades. people don't go busting into threads saying derogatory stuff being jerks and if folks see that happening, its usually taken care of by the blades with a quick F you and then ignore. fights don't go on and on until a mod locks the thread. reading all the stuff was funny at first, but i think that waktoo came up with the best answer.

Possuum, you were really nice to me and one of the folks who talked to me in the beginning. i did appreciate your help on my thread about the mites. i'm glad you're back posting away with your plants and your candidness.
    if someone is truly allergic or hyper sensitive for the purest of the pure, wouldn't this be the best option? I mean if you really are allergic, resin heads IS the purest of the pure removing the issue entirely. i wanted to post that but didn't want to, so i'm glad someone did.

3. azomite

4. #104 ColoradoCanna, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
    pg 5 replies

its not nice to keep referring to me as a troll.whats wrong with wet betty? of course a good cure is necessary but combined with a good flushing technique yields better results. the luxury consumption was stated already. the problem was finding the best process to give the highest quality.youre just repeating facts that were established without giving any new info which may be useful. thanks for trolling.
    no one ignored me because everything i said was just.
    i think thats a bad idea. when it comes to flushing, the same posts are copied n pasted hundreds of times around the internet. its hard enough already finding good info having to delve through all the exact same bs time n time again. as far as noob questions go, google will give all the answers. the problem with thse sites r people are overpopulating them w duplicate posts answering questions that should have never been asked cuz everyones too lazy to look it up.
    i appreciate you not tearing me down like others
    hmmm seems like youre the one trolling
    been said already to both. yes using again, not traditionally flushing
    thanks for putting in info, ur "advice" though is moot and an opinion i do not agree with
    hah ok
    that has been discussed
    i know its just lack of care but the worst commercial hash ive had was static sift
    been said already, will be dry sifting, but i want to enjoy the flower too
    water curing gives a insanely terrible product even though it is flushed better. not gonna ruin my ladies.
    what a long rant on nonsense. started w a couple facts but i dont believe anyone thinks that water actually runs through the plant and rinses it out. that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.
    im experimenting w tester branches. the plants are taking their time finishing. not gonna rush as i prefer a late harvest for best medical application. I have yet to try anything unconventional. internet has been out so havent been able to research. the results from the "emergency flush" have produced the best results. the difference in the not flushed n emergency flush were night n day. proof that organic growers who dont use any flushing technique, are realy missing out. once one is ready to harvest, im going to cut out a 3ft wide rootball, rinse, n attempt the same flush with that root portion intact to see how those results differ from stem cut flushing.

5. "what a long rant on nonsense. started w a couple facts but i dont believe anyone thinks that water actually runs through the plant and rinses it out. that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread."

Hi OP. I need to ask, since the last time we spoke you had said you were going to look into any sources of information on this subject (flushing) that didn't come from cannabis forums. Have you been able to come up with anything?

My mind keel coming back to the post by Coot about how this is virtually impossible - to remove nutrient ions (elements) from any plant and especially by simply feeding it/sticking it into copious amounts of water. I'm not sure what the water does or how it comes into play.

If "flushing" was a real thing and not just something made up by the stoner crowd then how come I can't find anything about it in any botany or horticulture book or website besides stoner forums? Why wouldn't any other types of agriculture be doing this - including the tobacco industry?

IMO this came about with the hydroponics crowd simply to remove fertilizer salts from the growing medium - and nothing more. Somehow this has come even further to the point where folks believe that elements can be removed from cannabis flowers by adding lots of water to the growing medium but I don't believe it to be true. Once they're there - they're there. That's it. I don't believe that they can be moved or broken down.

Somebody back towards the beginning of the thread had mentioned that their weed, when smoked, made a "black ash" and "sparked" when there was ignition. Perhaps this could be caused by overloading plants with fertilizers but I still don't see how flushing could remove these elements once they are part of the plant.

Any help in guiding me to a trustworthy source of information on this subject would be helpful to showing me that I'm wrong about this. Please let me know what you've come up with?

Thanks,

J

• Like Like x 1
  6. no internet means no research.
    flushing is the removal of salts from a medium. the term flush has been given to this procedure although it doesnt reflect whats actually being accomplished. i think it should be renamed. i dont like the term youre using "remove nutrient ions (elements) from any plant". this is not our goal. the goal is to force the plant to convert, breakdown, or use the majority of the excess contained within ie sugars, starches, chlorophyll, etc. this is luxury consumption. when the roots dont provide what is needed, it uses the reserves stored in the leaves which is apparent by the common yellowing n paling associated when flushing is done. its the same goal we try achieve when drying n curing properly only it gives a large head start on this process allowing even more trash to be disposed of at a quicker rate.

In my experimentation, i am testing theories from flushing techniques to manicuring for maximum terpine n flavinoid content. all experiments were conducted using same plant and identical branches from the same part of the plant.
    1)one branch was cut n hung taking off large fan leaves only
    2)one branch was cut n hung doing a complete manicure
    3)one branch was cut n put in aerated water before being hung taking off large fan leaves only
    4)one branch was cut n put in aerated water before being hung doing a complete manicure

1 n 2 produced the normal precure bad taste, xtreme headache, no strain flavors present 1/10

3 n 4 produced what i would equate to a one to two week cure, without having a proper drying time n no cure. very flavorful, no chlorophyll taste. 7/10

now this is not to say that a bubble flush alone is a good idea to do without a proper dry n cure, but when combined with the two it seems that it will give superior results. the flush made the leaves devoid of color, obviously removing chlorophyll and possibly other nasties.

i do have one concern however. with normal drying n curing n not using long term methods of storing like nitrgen, the bud will slowly start losing potency around 6 months. with this flushing method, the cure is already ahead by 2-3 weeks. im wondering if the degradation will occur sooner as a result

7. take all that scientific crap you just said and toss it out the window man you'll be just fine taking it all the way to the end of the season the way you been doing no need for a flush trust me if you hear it and dry it properly it'll be bomb done it time and time again if you got all the nutrients in the soil you're not going to flush her anyways she going to keep on eating whatever there she

8. I can't believe how much effort each of you experienced growers put into this guy.

He is so disrespectful he should be banned.

I hope once I become more experienced and put more time on here vs another site that I can be as helpful as all of you guys!!!!!

I really appreciated this thread and your efforts:)!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Funny he has a cell phone and yet couldn't show pics. Yet his camera is a piece of shit and yet a bomb used camera is 50-300 online used and yet he has $3000 to blow on too hot of a soil to deplete the soil of most of its food in the full grow time span.

Maybe he should try that. If he's staying organic. If I were the best organic plus added nutes I would create a combo that would be "empty" within two weeks of harvest so that he gets his flush. If I could accomplish this with Organics I would probably get an award or a huge ribbon right :)????

10. Yeah it seems he may need the help of an engineer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. thread is from 2015 so that's unlikely.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah, noticed that as I was reading. Just wanted to let him know I was interested too. Better late than never! Figured he might come back, post some pics of this top shelf he blasted about, if interest was shown. This should be a guide on how not to act when starting your own thread or a guide on how to act in response to a rude reply. I'll give it up to Jerry, wak, possum, you, etc...... Handled this guy well. Idk if I could've bit my tongue that long. Good folks for sure. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Sent from my SM-T567V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2