SUPER SOIL - FINAL FLUSH OR DRY SOIL?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by ColoradoCanna, Sep 11, 2015.

1. so lets go slightly off topic to discuss.

"Flushing removes access nutrients from the soil so its not available for
    your plants to uptake. It doesn't remove nutrients or anything else
    from the plant. Without nutrients in the soil the the plant us forced to
    use up its reserves. Pointless in organic growing because plants are
    not being force fed like with bottled nutes
    ."

Please hit me with your logic on that bold sentence.

2. heres a portion from a post i made on the first page so that u can stop saying things that have been stated:

Normal flushing rids the medium of nutrients. This is useful for
    expelling salts from the medium. Also useful for depleting excess
    nutrients causing toxicity. Final flush works by forcing the plant to
    uptake n use remaining nutrients, sugars, starches, etc in the roots and
    leaves. While a normal flush in soil and soiless mediums will result in
    the latter, true living organics doesnt allow for an excess of water to
    rid nutrients from the soil. The nutrients are broken down slowly by
    microorganisms into bioavailable elements that the plants can then use.
    These elements along with the plants byproducts (sugars, starches) are
    what need to be flushed from within the plant. It's not "chemicals" that
    you are trying to get rid of. These contaminants are the same whether
    growing organically or using synthetics.

3. I think that this may be the answer to your question. Dig out the rootball of the plant rinse out your soil and put the plant into plain water for a few days perhaps changing the water a few times.

4. Btw you sir are very impolite people have done nothing but try to answer your poorly worded question

5. i disagree strongly. you see jerry and waktoo are the only ones who tried to help. the others did nothing but spew absurd bs. thank you for being in the minority n replying w some decency tho. i disagree that it was poorly worded as i restated my case several times in several different ways giving details and educating each time to avoid confusion. but ur entitled to your opinion and it has been noted.

i do agree that uprooting rootball would be the best method n is tried n true, that is under normal circumstances with tiny pots. have you ever tried to uproot a 200gal, 6 ft, half ton rootball? i say impossible. it cannot be moved let alone uprooted. and even if i could uproot, i dont have swimming pools to place them in to perform the bubble flush. thank you tho, thats the best answer to date in this thread.

6. Dude you knew that was the answer...but you put them in big ass pots i dont think you will find a solution.

7. #48 beerbrewer, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
    Each time I read his snarky responses I kept thinking 'dude, Jerry told you in like post #4!!!'

In order to do what he claims to want to do, the whole rootball needs to be removed from the soil and given water only. He's probably been told a half dozen times that you can't 'flush' meals out of a soil and that in order for him to achieve what he is asking the whole rootball needs to be removed from the soil and given strictly water (as impossible as this might be) yet has ignored it at every turn in order to fight with people. Unbelievable.

8. #49 ColoradoCanna, Sep 15, 2015
    im glad you can read. i was starting to think the world had gone retarded. jesus that killset was a few screws short of a tater tot if you know what i mean. yea i did say that solution the first post i believe. however its not the answer as its not feasible. not sure what ".but you put them in big ass pots" is supposed to mean. i will almost definitely be using even larger ones next year. i dont think im gonna get any inspiration on here either but it was worth a shot. gonna seek out a botanist or agricultural scholar tomorrow if at all possible.

9. i was actually the one that stated that you can't 'flush' meals out of a soil from the beginning. and then several more times afterword because ppl dont seem to understand that. ive had to repeatedly explain that its not the soil that needs flush but the plant itself. get your facts straight buddy. ive only been fighting with users like yourself who arent reading my thread and giving irrelevant bad advice as a result.

10. Umm...I pointed out how I read your thread completely and understood the answer from the moment it was given. I think YOU'RE the one with reading comprehension issues bud. How did I give you bad advice? I agreed that the only way to do what you want is to isolate the roots from everything but water only. Is that bad advice? Because that is what you are wanting. You want the plant to uptake nothing but water, well fucking duh, give it nothing but water! You can't flush nutrients out of a soil that contains nothing but nutrients in an organic (read : dry) form. If I somehow gave you bad advice please point it out. You have to take the plant, roots and all, and put it in a bucket full of water to achieve what you want. I will warn you, the shock of this will more than likely ruin any benefit you might think you will get.

I feel like I am talking to my 10 year old. Not because of the duh factor. Just because he understands biology on such a young level.

11. sooooo this threads going nowhere. ive tried being nice to the ppl trying to help even tho they did nothing but repeat what i already said. the others need to be banned for spreading incorrect info to ppl trying to grow medicine. ill be closing this thread in the morning if ive not received any profound wisdom by then. its a shame grasscity has turned into what it has. ill be getting aboard one of the others as they are actually in the pursuit of advancing the field and not giving closed minded opinions and bad information mixed with ignorance and illiteracy. you guys should be ashamed of yourselves for destroying something that was once great. i understand now why the great growers of our generation refuse to use this forum now. RIP grasscity

12. i gave the answers in the first post in the thread. but what ur calling answers were what was stated as being the issue thatneeded a solution to which no one has given.

again you just repeated the same thing ive already said. thats not advice. advice would be a profound solution thats feasible. not a solution i pointed out from the start which is not feasible n the whole reason i posted. i dont have a 6 ft wide bucket n uprooting cannot be done because of size and weight

13. If you 'gave the answers'....then why are you asking the questions?

14. OK. So. You are basically asking 'How can I make beer and drink it without making beer and drinking it'. So, like when my kid, the all star swimmer, asks me 'how come I can't breathe underwater when its like 1/3 oxygen'? The impossible question that has an answer deeply rooted in science but you want a 5th grade answer to again a question that can't be answered because it has no answer yet you blame us because your answer less question has no answer other than the scientific answer of 'it can't be done'. Got it. I'm done.

15. quotes from post #1 that u said u read n comprehended n didnt.

Flushing isn't really possibly that effective due to the fact that soil is like 75% nutrient
    this is what jerry repeated in post 12 which i believe is what ur referring to after i had posted that several times already.

The final option is the "bubble" / "emergency" / "smokestack" flush
    which, at this point, seems like my best option. If doing this method,
    the downside would be that I don't have swimming pools to completely uproot the ladies and finish in
    slowing down the vascular movement more than leaving roots intact
    this is what u repeated after i said it many times from post#1

16. #57 ColoradoCanna, Sep 15, 2015
    i dont want a 5th grade answer. thats all u wanna give tho. just because you dont have the answer, doesnt mean theres not one. thats y im seeking expert advice n not yours. if u dont have the answer then dont respond. its that simple. dont sit there n say theres not one just because it hasnt been found yet. thats like saying a shipwreck doesnt exist just because it hasnt been found. people like you are what keep discoveries n breakthroughs from being made. i asked for help coming up with a new method to flush a plant not to help me transform soil into gold. quit being ridiculous n open your mind to new ideas.

17. #58 beerbrewer, Sep 15, 2015

Oh this shipwreck has happened. It just won't be found obviously. You are asking how to out-do mother nature. You have been told the best way to do so. Unless you can come up with a biological solution that can isolate roots from soil then....

18. #59 beerbrewer, Sep 15, 2015
    I know the next answer. "I'm not trying to isolate roots from soil. You guys are dumb. In trying to flush what can't be flushed! I grow great meds! The beat that has ever been grown! Look at the pics! I spent hella money on free manures I get myself! You guys are dumb! I don't wanna flush meals out the soil! I wanna flush nutrients out the plant. Why can't you understand that! Gah! There has to be a way to isolate an isotope from electrons and neurons and protons! I just know it! Why can't you understand my question! Waaaaah!"

19. ri
    finally right about something. i wouldnt call it trying to out do mother nature but it is finding an unnatural way to do flush if u will. same as basically any method found in cultivating cannabis. marijuana doesn't grow natuerally in water like with hydro. soils dont become a perfectly balanced rich diverse biological breeding ground like with organics. if it did ppl would just use the dirt in their yards without ammending. plants dont get microbial worm casting foliar feeeds in nature. it doesnt rain worm shit. think before posting. growing marijuana is all about one uping nature. very few ppl will just plant a seed in the raw dirt n leave it untouched it's whole life n when they do results are less than desirable. come on man, be part of the revolution, not the one that halts progression