[Illinois] All 11 proposed conditions shot down

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ZigzaGoop, Sep 10, 2015.

1. #1 ZigzaGoop, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
    "On Thursday, September 10, 2015, IDPH Director Nirav D. Shah, M.D., J.D. announced that new medical conditions and diseases will not be added to the Illinois Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act at this time. The pilot program will continue with the 39 conditions listed in the act."

http://dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/prevention-wellness/medical-cannabis

Extremely dissiapointing for everyone in Illinois who needed this to pass. I'm beginning to think this program was setup to fail and it'll do exactly that. Trying to remain optimistic though.

2. Off with his head !!!
    :angry:

3. this is the type of mmj progress the midwest can expect as long as the existing politicians are in power...
    [​IMG]

4. Not much better in NC. Everything here gets the boot before it goes anywhere as well. It is always for the most bullshit reasons too.

5. Yeah it really is sad to see this. I'm not a patient my self but I follow the movement closely and to see the reactions of (would be) patients share their frustrations in Facebook comments, forums, and ceminars is heart breaking.

People needed this and to see all 11 of the conditions recommended by a board of highly educated doctors and professionals only to be shot down by someone who was uninformed and close minded really is devastating.

This medical program has been running for ~22+ months and still not a single dispensary is open and only 3,000 registered patients. They're setting it up for failure.

6. This is why I'm staying illegal.

7. It is sad to see a state with such an awesome work force deprived of such compassion because of the crooks who run the show.