Meat and fruit combinations..

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Mantikore, Sep 9, 2015.

1. So whenever I cook some meat.. I typically cook veggies with them. I know there are semantics with what is technically a fruit or veggie, but let's just ignore that for now. I'm wondering if anyone knows of some decent meat/fruit combinations.. like pineapple or mango and chicken. Had anyone tried any odd combinations that came out tasty? I'm going to try to switch up how I cook out of convenience and laziness.. by just mixing up a big pan of a meat and veggies and baking it all together. Like taking carrots, potatoes, corn, green beans, onions, and cut up chicken or steak and just going to bake them together in bulk. Mostly so I stop going out for lunch at work.. but also cause I dislike getting all in-depth with cooking but also hate eating nasty ass fast food. My next batch is probably going to be chorizo sausages sliced up and mixed with peppers, sweet corn, celery, onions, maybe some carrots, and whatever else I see that looks like it'll fit nicely. It's just I'd like to try some fruit mixes too.. so any ideas?

2. So the veggies don't get over cooked in the time it takes for the meat to cook fully through?

Sorry I'm no help with the topic at hand tho

3. Depends on how you cook it. Like for the sausage (haven't actually done sausage this way yet) I am going to slice it up and cook that in the pan first for about 15 minutes.. then add the corn and stuff, might wait til the last 15 minutes to add the peppers so they stay crisper. I should also note I will be "baking" it on the grill.

4. Apples a d pork good really well with each other.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I used to stay away from pork cause I always felt ill afterwards, like I have a mild allergy to it or something.. but recently ate some pork tenderloin and didn't feel like crap after. I might try it.. I at least don't eat pork chops cause those were always what made me sick. I don't know if it's how they're prepped or not, maybe I'll give some chops another try.

My girl made some stuffed chicken once.. was a granny apple based stuffing, it was pretty damn good. We had some steak the other week that we made a brussel sprout and apple side salad with.. and while I probably wouldn't make it again, it was an interesting combo.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Slice up some apples and Julianne some onions also use apple cider with pork. It will be good,

• Like Like x 1
  7. brine with apple cider vinegar, apple juice, salt, pepper, fresh apple slices (and pear slices if you want). Let sit for a night or two, and then bake/baste the shit outta it. Should come out amazing!

• Like Like x 2
  8. I too am a chef. Sounds great.

• Like Like x 1
  9. If you like things a little spicy, chicken with pineapple, jalapeño, and red pepper is good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. There is a sheet pan meal I want to try that is like this.. I saw a video on doing a sheet pan meal with chicken, but it was just a typical recipe. Basil and thyme and such.. you lay out a bunch of veggies on a sheet pan and then place chicken breast filets on top and bake them all together. I want to get pineapple and a few other tropical fruits, onions, and peppers.. then marinate some chicken breast filets in pureed mango and some jerk seasoning and turn it into a sheet pan meal. I haven't been smoking weed lately, so my appetite is next to nothing, but once I get back to eating "normal", Ima try it out.

11. pepperoni with pineapple on your pizza and blam. synthesis of flavor.

12. I like bacon, Canadian bacon, and pineapple.

Pineapple is good with ham.

I like my moms dish, sweet and sour meatballs.

The sauce is crushed pineapples, Brown sugar, soy sauce, maybe corn starch.

Meatballs

Over rice.