Breeding with Feminized seeds?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by helion, Sep 9, 2015.

1. What are the results of breeding regular male seeds with feminized seeds? Will the children be hermie prone? Will they tend to be mostly female? I wanted to try breeding some of barney's genetics with other strains but I'm not sure if it would be worth it. If it adds to the hermie tendency, then I will not even attempt it. Just curious.

2. you get 'regular' seeds with the same hermie risk of the regular seed strain.

3. I see but does the feminized mother add any hermie tendencies at all? I'm thinking no because the feminization process is done through forced/stressed hermie rather than a genetic cause. I guess I answered my own question.

4. But then again, thats only if the forced hermie did not cause a mutation in the genetic material that is passed along. Its not, right? I guess im gonna have to do some reading. I appreciate the knowledge if you do choose to share it here, though.

5. You should just get regular seeds.

6. #6 helion, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
    Thanks for such a detailed post. So much knowledge you have contributed. But I will take your advice and just get reg seeds.