Whats Your Nostalgia?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Oni~, Sep 9, 2015.

Attached Files:

2. #22 101 BIG TEX 101, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015
    b-cuz the video head and rollers are dirty.....lol. u needs cleanin' vhs tapes. [​IMG]

3. man I loved wishbone!

4. #24 Deleted member 42976, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Ahhh Real Monsters
    Doug
    Rugrats
    The first two live-action TMNT movies
    He-Man and The Masters of the Universe
    all of the Ernest Goes To movies
    N64
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Nike Vandals
    the golden age of hip hop

i've been playing it on my phone lately since i found out they remade it for android. wish they would remake Chrono Cross too.

Those two games were the best RPGs ever....fuck a Final Fantasy VII

5. When I went to school it was a lovely carefree times[​IMG]

6. My ultimate rush of nostalgia is old video games. But also this video
    Also I get nostalgia from Grassscity. Iv been on here since 2007. It seems like yesterday when Pandora's Box was a subforum for drugs. honestly It was dope.

7. I totally feel you

8. #28 Kushifornia, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    Wow .. lemmie break down some nostalgia .. Friday nites I let cassette tapes rock til they popped and when the phone would rang, i'd have to figure out whos on the other end by saying hello, ... whenever there were movie nights it meant going to blockbuster in hopes all the best movies werent taken, saturday mornings meant cartoons, bowls of cereal, & playing outside all day .. finding out where friends were was easy, id just go to the house with all there bikes & skateboards in front ... Come monday, if i liked a girl id have to walk up & introduce myself .. then ask for her number in hopes she'll rip a piece of paper to put her number on .. beepers & pagers were king, only the rich had cell phones .. hip hop was strictly party jams .. getting caught fishing $10 bucks out of my moms purse because weed would be sold in nickels & dimes ... Blunts were 50 cents .. nobody worked on computers unless they were in a library looking for a book, if there was something that needed to be typed id have to deal with shitty typewriters ... i can go on & on ..

9. #29 *ColtClassic*, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2015

What a cinematic experience this game was....

They really don't make games quite like this anymore...

Skip to 2:00 for instant nostalgia...

10. Summers at the family cottage. On Friday night, my father would come down after working all week in the city. We would take the dog down to the beach on this really long green leash, it was like 30 feet long. The dog would run down the shore and the whole family would sit together on the beach and watch the sunset. This was before the internet, the VCR only played some cassettes but we didn't need it as we had surfboards, a canoe, bicycles and forests of pine and birch trees.

11. the nostalgia thread...good times

12. Where I live they still have family videos which is the same thing

13. so many things that they swore would be the next 'last' device you need...from Beta to VHS to LaserDisc. Same thing with video game consoles...I can remember going down the street to a neighbor's house to play Pong. That's right...one game...Pong. Well, two I guess since you could play against a real opponent or play against the computer.

I remember making a choice between a bag phone or a good-sized brick phone in order not to be attached to the car. I opted for the Nokia, which was about half the size of the Pioneer brick that shows up in the 80's montages. That's right kiddoes...there was a time when Pioneer actually had a phone. They weren't just audio equipment back then...

I miss engines that you could practically sit on a fender and dangle your legs inside the bay while you worked...back when a 351 was a little engine. As few people today as can drive a stick, I would bet even fewer could set points if their lives depended on it. So much that could be done in the matter of an afternoon that now requires going to a dealership and hoping the bill stays under four digits. Those same vehicles back then could also be filled up for a ten dollar bill and you would still get change...even those with a 20 gallon tank. We also got a dose of what OPEC will do to the US again in a few years...kids today likely have little notion of odd-even days and rationing. It was what saddled us with a 55mph speed limit for so many years to boot...

I also miss the days when it took a massive scandal for anyone to really get worked up. Watergate was a thing...for the first time. Now everyone appends -gate to a scandal.