Whats Your Nostalgia?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Oni~, Sep 9, 2015.

1. #1 Oni~, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
    I just came across the umpteenth 90's Nostalgia video online, which matched up with comments on many other 90's music videos where people are pining for the old days. Comments usually feature people reminiscing of "simpler times'' and fondly remembering activities of the past. It appears to be a common occurrence to find this kind of rhetoric.

Considering how many such comments are out there, do you believe it is all just nostalgia from people wishing they were still kids, or has there been an objective lifestyle downgrade?

Are we just another period where the "new stuff" seems absurd, or has media, such as music and shows, objectively degraded over time?

Are we just more aware nowadays because of the internet and 24/7 news cycle, or have politics in fact become more insane and off putting?

If you are say...25 and above, are there reasons you clearly feel better about the state of things today vs in the 90's and why?

[​IMG]

2. #2 101 BIG TEX 101, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
    my ex-gf, angela....she was great....well, for the most part! until.....well, i don't know y'all.....i'll just say things got really real. before and after the end. yeah, it was good times. fucking bitch-i luv you still. darm. i mean-FUCK! it's like having a fishing story where the big catch breaks the line at the last minute and swims away! wow....sucks....it's awesome! yeah.....she was it. it's so new not wanting her in my fucking life no more. LOL. but- it's all good

let me tell ya! oh, i kinda just did.

i'm getting all nostalgic - i'll stop. i need an 1/8th now. fuck a 1/2oz. yes.. hand me the phone angela-wait- oops. lol

[​IMG]

bless u god, for sending me angela- u got a crazy sense of humor, god.....lol

[​IMG]

3. I think this is a good point, technology has revealed many things many people would have never known in the past.
    With sharing data and social websites like this one, I feel that the world is more intertwined and "in the know". However, I do reminisce about the days when almost all activities were outdoors. I find a disconnect with some of the younger crowd when people are staring at their phones constantly, but I get it, just different times.

4. Feeling that gentle acceptance from a VCR as I offer a VHS cassette.

5. I miss going to blockbuster to rent movies and sega games.

Modern technology is awesome with how immediate it makes everything, but something about making a trip as a kid to blockbuster was incredible.
    The anticipation did it.

6. #7 Tokesmith, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
    When cod4 came out. I was 12 and it was so much fun when it came out. I remember hearing my sister playing Michael Buble in her room during my matches.

For some reason I remember this very vividly and I miss it. I was very happy during those times.

Every time I see cod4 the memories of that time come back.

7. I miss when going to a bar and meeting people was my "social media" ....and all the wetness and warmth that came with it. [​IMG]

8. n64 ps ps2

toy story, bugs life, mulan, ect

I'm still pretty young...

9. That Goldeneye tho

[​IMG]

10. I used to like C and then C++ (and application frameworks) [​IMG]

then VB came along...

11. and then suddenly, the VCR turns off and spits the tape back out with a string of tape following it...it has eaten your movie

12. I had a dandy with tanks...

13. Agreed, but I sure don't miss the late fees!

14. again ...

15. I guess I miss the lack of screens everywhere. I have the iphone, ipad, work at a computer, etc... and I enjoy them but lord (I don't believe there is a god), I'm sick of them too.

I'm burdened by my own possessions now so...I guess I miss having only a couple hobbies.

16. #17 Monochromebee, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    I know you asked for input from 25+ year-olds, but I find that people currently aged 17-20 are a really interesting demographic when you think about it. Not quite Gen X, but not quite millenials. We remember playing outside and dial-up internet; we remember old cartoons and how things were before the "age of information" started. Old enough to remember 9/11 and know things were different before, but the aftermath is generally accepted as a fact of life, as it's the majority of our experience. I'm 18 (going on 19), and I remember playing Nintendo 64 and spending hours fishing in the same day. Things like that. That's my nostalgia.

Not to say I don't enjoy modern things. I own a PS4, a smartphone, etc. and enjoy modern TV programs (I'm a huge Steven Universe fan), but I also miss the old ones; Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, the old Spongebob, etc.

Our nostalgias are kind of a middle-ground thing; things like playing outside were still valued, but it was also at the dawn of an age of explosive technological growth.

Pardon my rant, but I think about this a lot. And it's this strange social thing. People of my generation can identify a little with both Gen X and millenial babies, but the only people we can completely identify with are others born in that little time frame between the two, y'know?

17. What's the story Wishbone?

[​IMG]

18. Millenials are shit. Can't even nostalgia right cause ain't shit happen when they were little aside from da nine eleven.
    I'm OG, used to listen to house of pain and cypress hill on the school bus, my mom never got me dunkaroo's, but I was around to have tried smurfs cereal. The 90s felt like the 80s, but with less natural lighting.