New Space Bucket Grower- HELP

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by grow4um, Sep 8, 2015.

1. 👍Congratufrigginlations Grow!! She looks wonderful! 👍

2. You might be looking at the wrong pics. You're probably looking at the BEFORE picture, lol. The current pic shows it wilting pretty bad and another turning yellow and crunchy on the bottom.

3. So a couple days later and the one plant that showed the yellowing is starting to recover. The other one that had really bad curling and looked wilted, still does but it isnt dead. I saw some new growth on it, but the new leaves have a yellow stripe on them. Damn, Im so close here, I can feel it! I feel like I am just doing something wrong with nutes or watering and if I figure it out, I will be doing great! Oh, side note, I turned 2 of the 4 bulbs off in each of my buckets. The heat in there may have been contributing to some of the problems. I seriously underestimated the power on those new bulbs.

4. any ideas guys? They still aren't looking good. Be sure to look at my last link for pics. The before picture is of the healthier plant. The after picture is after installing the new lights. You will notice the yellowing.

5. What kind of soil do you have it in again? and how hot is the temp in there?

6. It's about a 70/30 mix of coco coir and perlite.

7. I think you have a lack of nutrients. You should try to give them a little bit more food. I don't have much knowledge of hydro yet, but I think those plants could use some more nutes. Also, it might be kinda hot in there. What is the temperature?

8. #28 grow4um, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015
    Everytime I up the nutes, they look like trash for a couple days. Plus I thought the yellow tips and edges was nute burn. Is that not the case?

9. Hi grow. Sorry about my last comment, I must've looked at them in wrong order.
    Is there anyway you can get pics here? I'm wondering if you're dealing with some kind of nute lock out. I'd have to try flushing it with straight water for a couple days and start again with nutes. Just my .02 cents.

10. The yellow tips i see in the first pic is from a deficiency.

11. OK. I gave em 300ppm nutes with their water today. More pics coming in a couple days. I think I've almost got this thanks to all of you guys!!!

12. Oh yeah they are. I think Loop's thread was where I first started getting help too. If Loop doesn't know the answer someone else will.

13. Sweet thanks guys! I'm taking some pics now and I will cross post over there.

14. OK, here are the latest pics with the new (6500k instead of 2700k) bulbs, increased nutes (from 250 to 350ppm) and water consistently at 5.8PH as it has been from early on. Here are my questions for whoever is willing to answer:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6lP86wNNL...

• I see layers of leaves underneath the top growth that are still pretty yellow. Is it nute burn or lack of nutes?
    • Is it time to start training them? I was following the groweasy LST tutorial, but my plants dont have long enough branches to bend down anywhere?
    • Im not sure where to "top" them either, or if I should given that I cant bend any growth out of the way.
    • Generally speaking, is there any hope for these guys? I have no idea if all my work here is for nothing or if these guys are in decent shape and just need a little more TLC. The two largest were started in rapid rooters on 8/23/15. So they are a little over 4 weeks old. The other is a week younger. They are all feminized blueberry that I got from a bank.

( cross-posting to Loop's thread )

15. Looks to be lacking nitrogen, what feeding schedule are you following. What concerns me the most is the drooping. I think your over watering. What size pot/ bucket are you in? Don't PH prior to adding nutes, add nutes then correct the ph. Did you do a good rinse before using the coco coir. I've heard it can contain salts and needs to be flushed prior to use depending on brand. We definitely need to get iron here. I've never used coco but I'll try my best to help bud. For starters make sure your giving it at least 400ppm of a veg nute to help with that nitrogen issue and don't water until it's dry

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1383846-Cali%27s-Corner

16. I would flush the plant with ro phd water then let it sit for a day or 2 then start with nutes again
    What nutes are you using definitely showing deficiency but like I say flush the plants first then start nutes again at half strength of recommended dosage then up it from there as needed you will get it in time also if you can folair feed them with a very week nute solution that will help correct deficiency alot quicker then just feeding

17. Thanks for the reply gcraigen. I'm using dynagro foliage pro right now at 2ml per gallon which is already half strength. That is what gets me to the 350ppm. Should I add something else? If I follow ironhead's formula I basically have to start over with all new nutes. Also, what do you mean by "flush with ro phd water?"