Harley Guys unite

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by ganjawrestler13, Sep 7, 2015.

1. I wanted to start a thread dedicated to Harley's and other American motorcycles. If you ride, like bikes, or want to know some answers to questions regarding mechanics; this is the place to be! Upload pictures, facts, or overviews at your leisure! I'll start with a question; I'm building a bike right now and I was curious if I could mount a 1,000cc iron head motor to a Dyna frame? Specifically around '03 for the frame and around '80-84 for the engine. Thanks!

2. IDK.. I had a 69 Triumph custom chopper for about a month before I almost killed myself....
    It *kind of* looked like this.. Different seat, tank, paint, pipes.. But the springer stretch and lack of front brake are about the same B)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Most recent pic of my bike. I can dig a lot of foreign bikes too though.

Attached Files:

4. That is baaaaaaaad my friend.

I'm hoping to get this build started soon but if I find it cheaper to just restore/rebuild one; I'll do that. I'll keep an update!
    Very nice... What's the story there? Lol

5. I had come into some cash and I bought the bike on a whim... Rode it for about 3-4 weeks, having never rode a bike before.

3AM, drunk as fuck, speeding like a fucking lunatic, I misjudged a corner at the end of a long straight, locked up the rear wheel, launched myself off it as it went down, and the bike ended up mangled under the guardrail. I was lucky, missed the guardrail, missed the trees, and just went for a swim.... At 3AM.... Drunk... In November.... In NY.... :laughing:

I never got it legal, and I bought it in cash so I pretty much just swam/ran for it lol ... [​IMG]
    They looked for "a body" for a few hours, cleaned up the scene, and went home.[​IMG]
    And that was the end of my riding career :laughing:

6. Wow man well I'm glad you're still around to tell the tale... Fire water+anything with an engine= bad idea lol

Attached Files:

8. Ok, I'm a little baked and fucked up the reply, but I had a 69 Bonneville that looked similar to this. I think I attached the pic to my previous reply but I'm baked as fuck. Anyway, it was my first chopper that I scored after rummaging through the storage area of a local Triumph shop. Sold it for cash to go to MMI then bought a 45 GE while I was in Arizona.

9. #9 BhindtehEyes, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
    Does anybody know the difference between a Harley and a crotch rocket ? On a Harley the bitch rides on the back....j/k kinda