Best Strain for Outdoors in Florida.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BananaFace., Feb 17, 2007.

1. Before you put me in my place, yes, I know, I have searched the forums already. Thoroughly.

I was going to start a grow around early April/May as soon as the temperatures are optimum for MJ growing here. I tried a grow last year with some bagseed, but all of the 10-15 plants died because of high humidity and heat, from being left alone for about 2 days without H20. I was looking to ask what would be the best MJ strain that could tolerate and prosper through high temperatures without getting bud rot or mold from the high humidity. I've looked at Dutch strains that are mold-resistant, but I have yet to find a strain that specifically says that it can live in high temperatures or within southern U.S. latitudes. Any beneficial help on the subject from anyone of you would be great.

2. Florida has a good climate for growing as I grew my first last year in central florida. Grew two strains that both did well and I didn't start until the beginning of July. Both plants got around 48" and produced a couple oz's. Not bad for my first time I think.

I think any strains will do well in our climate as we get plenty of rain and the temps stay in the mid-90's. I'm trying lowryder and northern lights this year so I'll give a report.

Good luck.

3. Sativa is what you need, tropical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I was also trying to find something of high quality and Kali Mist is the best looking strain I've found so far. It's of 90% sativa genetics, as well.

Kali Mist Link.

5. i lived in florida for a lot of my life... any strong outdoor strain will survive fine pretty much anywhere

6. Kali Myst, Durban Poison, C99, Haze, hell even Mexican Shwag seeds will give you some pretty decent Sativa buds if you grow 'em right (don't let them pollinate, give them room, etc.)

Basically if the strain's above 75% sativa it'll do pretty damn well in your climate. Just pick out some bagseed that gave you more of a "buzzy" high than a "sleepy" one.

7. Hey man I'm looking to grow feminized white widow in may. You didn't have any trouble with flowering early when planting in July? Or were u using auto?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

8. How do you start your plants? I usually never loose a plant started in 1 gallon pots to develop a good rootball before I transplant into final holes. Small seedlings have less chances of survival compared to plants with a decent root structure already going. Don't be shy on some Mexican schwag, I have grown fire from brick weed.

9. I think it would be easier for me to sprout the seed and then plant it directly into my soil medium..... What do you think

10. Your talking into the ground? Sure it be easier but I think you will have better success starting your seeds in small pots indoors for 2-3 weeks, then transplant into the ground or a bigger pot outdoors.

11. Indoors absolutely not lol.... I will be caught in a few hours

13. Good Luck in finding a Strain I'm 38 and my Dad started teaching me when I was 16 and back then we grew Afghani and my Dad had a couple Strains he had bred over the years and we never got bod rot only had worry about termites and web worms but around 2014 we started seeing bud rot in a couple of plants and we were growing several differant strains and every year it seems like the bud rot gets worse and worse every year and I know several other peaple who grow and they have had the same thing with theirs and I live 60 miles from Pensacola
    030"]Before you put me in my place, yes, I know, I have searched the forums already. Thoroughly.

I was going to start a grow around early April/May as soon as the temperatures are optimum for MJ growing here. I tried a grow last year with some bagseed, but all of the 10-15 plants died because of high humidity and heat, from being left alone for about 2 days without H20. I was looking to ask what would be the best MJ strain that could tolerate and prosper through high temperatures without getting bud rot or mold from the high humidity. I've looked at Dutch strains that are mold-resistant, but I have yet to find a strain that specifically says that it can live in high temperatures or within southern U.S. latitudes. Any beneficial help on the subject from anyone of you would be great.[/QUOTE]