Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Best Strain for Outdoors in Florida.

• Please log in to reply

BananaFace.

BananaFace.

Fuck the police.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Before you put me in my place, yes, I know, I have searched the forums already. Thoroughly.

I was going to start a grow around early April/May as soon as the temperatures are optimum for MJ growing here. I tried a grow last year with some bagseed, but all of the 10-15 plants died because of high humidity and heat, from being left alone for about 2 days without H20. I was looking to ask what would be the best MJ strain that could tolerate and prosper through high temperatures without getting bud rot or mold from the high humidity. I've looked at Dutch strains that are mold-resistant, but I have yet to find a strain that specifically says that it can live in high temperatures or within southern U.S. latitudes. Any beneficial help on the subject from anyone of you would be great.

numbnutz

numbnutz

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Florida has a good climate for growing as I grew my first last year in central florida. Grew two strains that both did well and I didn't start until the beginning of July. Both plants got around 48" and produced a couple oz's. Not bad for my first time I think.

I think any strains will do well in our climate as we get plenty of rain and the temps stay in the mid-90's. I'm trying lowryder and northern lights this year so I'll give a report.

Good luck.

Kanti

Kanti

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Sativa is what you need, tropical.

BananaFace.

BananaFace.

Fuck the police.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
I was also trying to find something of high quality and Kali Mist is the best looking strain I've found so far. It's of 90% sativa genetics, as well.

Kali Mist Link.

b14z3d

b14z3d

Humboldt Rider

• Old School
  • 2,567 posts
i lived in florida for a lot of my life... any strong outdoor strain will survive fine pretty much anywhere

Horus XCIII

Horus XCIII

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,287 posts
Kali Myst, Durban Poison, C99, Haze, hell even Mexican Shwag seeds will give you some pretty decent Sativa buds if you grow 'em right (don't let them pollinate, give them room, etc.)

Basically if the strain's above 75% sativa it'll do pretty damn well in your climate. Just pick out some bagseed that gave you more of a "buzzy" high than a "sleepy" one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users