Zico cigar lighter torch flame not strong after refills.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by jackstheknave, Sep 5, 2015.

1. #1 jackstheknave, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2023
    Got this Zico lighter from a corner store, looks like a gun. No packaging so I don't know what it was filled with. The flame got low so I refilled it, but the flame is staying low. How do I get that strong torch cone back?

2. Turn up the flame? All torches I have used have a slide thingy to adjust the flame.

3. #3 jackstheknave, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
    it's maxed out.

And there's an adjustment at the nozzle that changes it from a jet to a loose flame.

I've adjusted both to get a better cone, but it's still 1/3 of what it was.

4. #4 L33tWeazel, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
    well in my experience, once you feel its "empty", to push in the refill nozle on your torch until all hissing and non-liquid butane come out, then, AFTER MAKING SURE THE TORCH IS ALL THE WAY DOWN TO LOW, refill it upside down with as minimal movement as possible. This is to ensure that a) the pressure against the butane is low, so that: [​IMG] it doesnt let air into the torch.
    Then let it cool off(so the butane settles. I.E. liquid, not gas or air) then set to max, and torch away!
    Just try not to refill unless its totally empty and you try your best to make sure no air gets in.

Edit: also,try not to let a lot of butane out of the torch cuz while it changes from liquid to gas, it becomes violent and pops around. Thats the same reason you gotta be careful while purging!

5. Ah, thanks for the heads up. I did see some brief video that mentioned emptying the torch first... I guess that makes sense; you have a pressure equilibrium so nothing moves.

I'll give it a shot!