First timer giant space bucket

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by grnwzrd, Sep 4, 2015.

1. My pineapple express is looking about 1000 times better than I expected!

The only thing that concerns me is the cotyledons are yellowing and maybe about to die. Is that bad?

Otherwise I think this plant is looking pretty good!

Attached Files:

2. I also left two (I thought) nightshade seedlings and they are looking okay as well. Only there are three not two.... Oops.

Attached Files:

3. Pictures didn't work, here they are.

Attached Files:

4. Fans are finished and installed in the cabinet now.

Still not sure what to do with the sick looking plant...

I think I will seasol the little ones and feed the big ones and see what happens...

Attached Files:

5. Cheers mate, they haven't had water for a week so I don't think they're getting too much but I may have over done it before I went away. I don't have to go away for a few weeks so hopefully I will have an auto watering setup done by then.

6. #28 microryder, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    Looks good man!

7. 3x nightshade sprouted 12 days ago.
    Potted up to 4l pots.

60/40 putting mix/vermiculite

I only had two pots left so one is staying in a little cup. I didn't realise I put two seeds in one of the cups so root shock and damage separating them but we will see...

Straight away I have them both a seasol tonic mixed at 3ml/1l.

The little one in the cup came out of the separation worst so I don't think it will last long.

2 more weeks at 18/6 with my pineapple express then I will flip them. And put the PE in my bucket.

Mystery seed was showing signs of nute burn so I flushed twice to approx 25% run off and it also got a seasol tonic yesterday.

PE looks healthy. Also got a tonic.

Attached Files:

8. More yellowing on lower leaf tips of mystery seed and pineapple express.
    I have been treating for nute burn but has not improved after a week instead has gotten worse. I also noticed some reddening of lower stems so that led me to believe I may have a deficiency rather than to much nutrients. Fed 2ml/1l with power feed today approx 500ml each.

There is heaps of new growth on both so I trimmed a few yellow leaves off both....

Top three are night shade, all appear healthy.

Next is pineapple express.

Bottom is mystery seed.

Attached Files:

9. Hey grn. Question what kind of water you using? Also how's your runoff ph?

10. Hey mate water is rainwater out of a tank, last I checked it was around 6.0. I haven't checked run off ph, might do that tomorrow.

11. Okay so I learnt a lot today!

1. My house mate had been filling up my rainwater tank with the tap so when I took the first reading 6 weeks ago it was around 6.0. But it is now at 8.5.

2. Plants don't like 8.5 they like 6.5

3. Nutrient lockout happens when ph is high or low.

So I bought another ph test kit to double check with, a 25l water tank with a tap and some ph down.

So now I will let the water sit in the tank for a little longer and take control of the ph.😉

12. Nice setup, wish I had more experience to help with your plants, but on the cold issue I've read a lot of people use little space heaters to warm. Or even cfl's like earlier suggested, I started my seedling with them and my cab for up in the 90's so they should help a little as well? Good luck will be following!

13. Thanks for the kind words.

Spring has well and truly sprung down here, the temperature is no longer an issue but I have fitted a heat mat to the bottom of the cab so I don't get caught out again, I'll just leave it off for a few months.

I spent some time on the cabinet today, I now have heaps of fans and some carbon filters.

All my girls got a big flush with ph'd water tonight, no photos of them just yet but done new snaps of the cab with be filters and fans.

Attached Files:

14. My girls are looking much better tonight

Attached Files:

15. That looks a lot better, nice to see them recovering [​IMG]

16. Should I be worried about this?

Attached Files:

17. late reply to your posts but I just read everything since I last posted. Get some Cal/Mag and make sure thats in your "clean" and "nute" water. I had the exact same issues with the withering and discoloring when i didnt use it. PH lock out happens whenever the PH is NOT between 6.3 and 6.7. Too high or too low will cause lock out and thats what it looks like is happening. Flush with 6.5 ph clean water until your run off water matches to 6.5 ph. This will ensure your soil is back to normal. The damage is done so dont start picking off the funky leaves. Just leave them get that cal mag and she will look better in a week or 2. Dont use nutes until you start to see preflowers.

18. #40 microryder, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2015