Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt in Kentucky Gay Marriage Dispute

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Careful in your demeanor.
    I very much believe in the vote. You are missing the point that she doesn't get to pick and choose the aspects of fulfilling her duties.
    She had two options; resign or carry out the law.
    Even if folks voted her back in, that doesn't change the obligations of office, which she swore to uphold.
    Even if you feel that a holder of office may exercise civil disobedience while in office, then you have to accept that there can be consequences. In this case it was the option of carrying out the law and the orders of the Court (which had jurisdiction), or going to jail. SHE choose jail.
    :smoke:

2. Congressional people, as with all elected people, must follow the law explicitly as written.

Many laws however are (intentionally) written to leave ambiguity in their interpretation and/or implementation. This is a major source of corruption.

However, the position to which Kim Davis was elected, there is no ambiguity nor any room for interpretation in regards to the duties required of her job.

Same sex marriages are to be recognized by the state.

She is free to remove herself from her position. Yet she continues to receive a pay check from her employer without conducting the duties required of her employer. She is a thief. To jail she must go.

3. I would love to hear you all support federal law like this for cannabis. Only when it is for your own personal interest. So since you support federal law so vehemently, why don't you support all their laws? Since clearly your argument is it is the law, and the law is to be followed.

4. Read my last paragraph again. You are not applying the entire points to your rebuttals, you are ignoring what has been already stated. (actually read the whole thing again).
    :smoke:

5. Oh of course there will be consequences, but that is why smart people when they disobey have thought it out. Some people are not that smart, they do not realize you need cards to play with and just think no one will call their bluff.

6. so....what's your point?

7. To agree...and yours?

8. Just wondering if you agree, why the argumentative approach?

9. i think it is important towards finding the right answers.

10. Arguing for the sake of arguing? I see...

11. Where? I mean now we are, and why? And because of who?

12. Yet, her bluff was called, the consequences were spelled, and she choose jail.
    Just a reminder; trolling is also against the guidelines.

13. #233 roorforcrumble, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
    I was agreeing with you and saying she didn't think it out fully. Get off your ego and quit threatening me, by my count that is the second threat you made.

Last I checked direct threats are harassment. Want to continue this?

14. Sorry about that, I didn't realize you were agreeing.
    My ego has nothing to do anything.
    Last I checked it was my job to moderate. I have noticed your methods of discourse in many other threads lately. Since this is public, let's just say that you need to continually remind yourself of our guidelines.
    Both my statements were appropriate as responses to your actions.

15. I do not care I have work to do, your a mod on a cannabis website. Sack up brah.

16. #236 ICGreen, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
    Haha, while I am getting paid to do the work you are training for.
    I have no reason to sack up, just to try and keep this place a bit mellow despite others efforts in another direction.
    You need to care and be a Blade.
    [​IMG]

17. "you're"

18. Yeah this thread is done. Too much dead horse beating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.