Going to start exercise and meditation month

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Deleted member 281310, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Read somewhere tht if you sit for more than an hour by your comp you should look at an object about 10 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes. Dont remember why, it's either good for your eyes or your brain

Good luck Ambivalent. I've been meaning to do the same butbut i'm usually to high to walk 20 feet to the treadmill :(

2. ^^ when my ass gets tired I get up and go hit that Wii Tennis. Legit pro life.

3. That's a dangerous game lol

4. Hahaha i know your trolling but not necessarily.

Meditation takes place once you become thoughtless and just be in the NOW if that makes sense. You also get into these states while swimming or exercising, rebounding, dancing and letting the music drift you away and similar soul nourishing activities. When you are just living the present moment without thoughts like who, what, when, where, how, why about whatever you are focusing on and just accepting everything letting everything flow smoothly, that is considered another form of meditation instead of sitting down or laying down in silence method.

The Book: "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle helped me a lot with getting a better understanding of all this.

5. #25 Deleted member 281310, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    So the other day i longboarded for 75 minutes and when i got home to take a shower I broke my phone. My right leg has been swollen because i've been extremely active the past month after inactivity from surgery for more than 6 months. I'm feeling down about it but i couldn't do anything yesterday, I tried today and ran a little less than a mile and my whole leg started cramping up. I officially finished the 7th day but ima have to take a break. I'll be back to finish the rest as soon as I feel able to. I promise

6. that sounds fun if you could play online matches

7. I just skimmed through the thread. Sounds like a terrific idea.

I've been dealing with a lot of stress/anxiety too and I find that weight lifting is a good way to cope with it.

I've been wanting to put on more muscle mass, so it's a win/win for me.

What do you do for meditation? I think I should start doing some.

8. I literally just sit in a chair preferably outside, close my eyes, put my hands by my side and don't move a muscle. Than i listen to what's going on around me, feel it and let my mind quite down allowing me to think clearer. I'm not a professional lol so feel free to do your own research but that works for me.

9. #29 Delphinidins, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
    Try a rebounder for exercise, NASA claimed it was the best exercise known to man thus far. Not only does it exercise every single muscle in your body but also the internal organs and every cell in your body. The other thing is its the only form of exercise that pumps or stimulates the lymphatic system which when pumped releases toxins from our system.

I meditate while on my one jumping away i lose myself in a trance and end up jumping for almost an hour at times without noticing [​IMG]

10. IMO meditation is the art of staying still and giving due respect to time. School, on the other hand, while a tool for education is merely an institution for obedience training. If you can train yourself to be domesticated, you have essentially meditated long enough on where you are and why you are here.

11. did some running and meditating today but i didn't time it because i have no phone yet so i'm not gonna count it towards the goal but felt like posting.

12. my phone arrives tomorrow so i should be back on track in 24 hours [​IMG]

13. why do you need a phone? I usually just run as long as I can or anywhere from 60-90min with hills mixed in. Phone just weighs you down in my experience. Oh and mosquitoes are also attracted to scents that get released during physical activity so don't meditate outside (that looked like Florida lol) after a run without spray or they'll feast on you

14. It is south florida and the mosquitoes are on steroids. I can not jog for 60 minutes yet which is why I'm doing this, the phone helps me organize my increases in time so everyday i jog or board or whatever for a little longer.

15. Love running in the rain because you don't have to hydrate. Is it just me or does the rain get absorbed by my skin and hydrate me while I'm running? Anyway I'm not sure but it's a theory of mine. Just finished my 38 min jog and 38 min meditation.

16. I wonder where the mosquitoes are getting steroids :ph34r:

-Yuri

17. idk but they needa go back to Africa or something. shits are so annoying. almost as bad as the gnats

18. if they go to Africa they can't git their steroid and drug infused blood

-Yuri

19. #39 Deleted member 281310, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    last time i checked they be killing africans like tornadoes

edit- worse than tornadoes

20. McDonalds.