Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to solo dabbing, pleeease help(:

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by liv427, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Hey ya'll so basically like the topic title says, I'm new to dabbing alone. Just recently invested in all the stuff needed.
    Pictured here is my mini tube 10 mm with a quartz banger.
    Not pictured is my GStar® TorchZilla Series Metal Windproof Jet Flames Butane Torch Lighter

So here's where I need some help. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong. But not enough vapor is created, def not a 'can't feel my legs' dab lol.

I fill the bubbler with water right below the horn, torch the nail for about 30 seconds and then wait another 15 before i start scraping the bowl
    and use the marble end of my dabber as the carb cap.

Is my torch not strong enough? Any ideas or comments would help!!

s[​IMG]

2. sounds like your letting the nail cool to much[​IMG]

3. Then how long should i let it cool down for?

4. Think of it like this. Why do you have to let the nail cool down? because you got it too hot. I never understand the whole waiting thing. If you evenly get he temp right from the get go, why go past it to just wait for it again. Stop before its red and them cap immediately after scraping

5. Put something over the banger so the heat stays in and can bake the oil from all around and not just the oil that's touching the nail. Imagine the hot air being trapped in there cooking it from all sides. You are welcome

6. when did doing drugs get so damn complicated?

get weed, burn weed, inhale. the hell is wrong with drug dealers and their buyers of today?

7. Simplicity isn't always someone's objective just because it's yours.

8. guess doing drugs isn't my thing. I'll keep mother nature in check with fire. call me the bud burner without the bunsen flame. and by no means is simplicity the outcome of being high. Thank you for your input Sheldon. Always appreciated

9. ... Whatever any of that means

10. Simple Sheldon, let me explain for you.

After grass grows, cut it down and set it on fire. Then enjoy the atmospheric pressure inside your lungs. Is your confusion resolved?

11. Not that aspect at all. But whatever cya around.

12. Likely your nail isn't hot enough.
    When I started dabbing alone I would heat to JUST starting to glow, then let it cool, because it was easier for me to gauge (if that makes sense). Now I don't have to over heat, but that comes with time.

13. word to the newly wise, don't fiddle with hot machinery when unfamiliar with hot metal. Titanium can burn you, as can a hot torch. The safest method to ignite a flammable source is a lighter with a safety trigger. If you need to be a full on chemist with an oil rig, have someone assist you as it can be extremely dangerous.

Last I checked from my medical doctor for recommendation, the sale of wax / bubblehash / oil / shatter / crumble and the like are still on the more illegal side than strictly flower. But I don't judge people for how they get their drugs. I just recommend better ways of consuming said drugs. And no, I do not recommend vaporizers, as I believe that takes half the fun out of seeing and inhaling smoke.

Stay high blades!

14. Combustion is the only option for you, that doesn't mean it's a better way to consume weed than edibles or vaping for the whole planet.

15. i get the feeling you aren't heating the quartz nail up enough. a small torch takes longer to heat things up. i have a Titanium nail and with my big ass burnz o matic industrial torch {like 18 inches tall} it heats up in 20 seconds and then i let it sit for 10 seconds and then hit it. it took me a number of trial and error dabs to get it to the sweet spot. you'll have to do that as well.

here is what i would do. first understand that if your dab flashes instantly away the nail is to hot. but if the dab sits there for more then 2 to 2.5 seconds it is to cool. 1.5 to 2.5 seconds gives nice milky dabs that taste supreme and will KTFO your ass and lock you into the couch for eons...EONS!!!! so start with say 45 seconds of heating the quartz nail you have. then ask yourself how the dab went. if it is sitting around, smoking in a little puddle for longer then 2 to 2.5 seconds then heat the nail for longer next time and try again. remember, it is about heating the nail to the proper temp and then letting it rest to get to the right temp. you'll get there, its gonna take trial and error.

thats why i don't like little torches. you have to sit there for 10 fucking minutes to heat your nail up. that and they break so often with daily use. my bernz o matic from home depot was 25 bucks, self starter, the gas is in a can 4 times the size of the small ones you need to use on lighters and mini torches and the price for replacement gas is 4 bucks for that same monster can of gas. it also heats far quicker then the mini torches.

anyway, heat the quartz nail for 45 seconds and let it rest for 15 seconds. how was the dab?
    if it sat in a puddle smoking away for longer then 2 to 2.5 seconds then you need to heat the nail up for a minute next time. then wait 15 seconds and try again. keep adding 15 seconds of heating time until you get to the perfect dabbing temp OR the dab itself instantly smokes away in which case you need to reduce the heat time by 5 or 10 seconds OR let it rest for longer then 15 seconds. don't be surprised if you have to heat your quartz nail for 2 minutes or longer because the only time i have dabbed off of quartz the guy heated it for over 2 minutes. but you got 2 or 3 dabs out of it between heating the nail as long as you had them ready and people lined up.

good luck and i hope it works out for ya! reply back with your results blade [​IMG]

16. I never said it is my only option. It is the preferred method of choice. Being able to go to a dispensary where I am not hiding in the bushes my illicit behaviors for fear of getting caught, I can choose any variety of methods of consuming cannabis. All of you nay-sayers and finger pointers out there stop putting words in the mouth that doesn't belong to you.

Vaporizers are great, if you have a good one. Edibles are yummy, when cooked right. Overall 99/100 times I prefer<span class="redactor-invisible-space"> the simplest solution of weed + fire + glass to enjoy the simple things in life. I do not blame others for wanting to experience the more sophisticated ways of living, but don't confabulate responses based on lack of intelligible sources.

SMOKE WEED. VAPE WEED. EAT EDIBLES TOO. I recommend anything that has to do anything with the cannabis plant, your method of consumption is your choice, and I'm not going to say you have only one way of doing it, even if you are all underage illegals fighting the man. Stop the nonsense.</span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space">
    </span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space">[​IMG]

</span>

17. "better ways of consuming said drugs."

18. if you need a recommending doctor I can hook you up for a referral. Only $35 and all the dispensary access in cali that you could dream of. Blowtorches, not recommended, yet highly sought after Titanium oil rigs. Some alternatives to better ways of consuming said drugs could be hot knifing, an overpriced Volcano, or even my personal favorite name Da Buddha vape. There are countless ways to get high, but science teaches me safety first kiddos!

19. #19 Stoned Newbie, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015
    Sadly I don't live in a legal country so no dispensary for me :/

20. Check the caneuter valve. It's probably rubbing against the johnson rod.

• Like Like x 1