Are they READY? Please help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by drumkit5, Sep 3, 2015.

1. I'm a newbie when it comes to growing, and I've tried scouring the internet for reliable info, but I am missing a few pieces of the puzzle...

For example, I don't have a jewler's loupe or a magnifying glass, and I'm on a tight budget...

Are these ready? (I've attached some pictures...)

By the way, halfway into flowering I've experienced some issues with leaves rusting and turning nasty, its either a PH issue or a fungus I thought, but I was not able to fix it in time.

They were seedlings on May 23 2015. Today is Sep 2 2015

I don't remember the exact date I switched the light cycle to a 12/12 to begin flowering, so I can't tell you how long they've really been flowering. Its probably been a month and a half or so...

ARE THERE ANY pro's out there who can just look at these and see if they're ready to harvest, or how long I should most likely wait?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. How beautiful! It looks like they are

3. They really don't look ready. All of those white hairs should be brown/orange. As they turn dark, the THC forms more and you will have a better harvest. Try to find a jewelers loupe...only about 10 bux....but the white hairs show that it's not close yet. Couple of weeks yet? They are beauties! Don't be too eager! Your reward is coming soon!!! Enjoy! [​IMG]

4. Not ready, few more weeks. Like azfox said, you should really invest in a scope. They're not to expensive and you'll be able to get exactly what you want when harvesting.

I remember going half on a dime sack

5. azfox has it right, please wait, I estimate a couple of weeks. I understand about budgets, but you're seriously hurting yourself and your harvest if you don't look at the trichomes- a 60X jewelers loupe is not expensive on Amazon. As azfox noted- your pistils are all white. They should start turning darker and kind of shrink into the bud. They are absolutely gorgeous, mate. Great job. Just don't chop too soon. Keep us posted, please.

6. I bought my last jewelers loupe for $4 and free shipping in eBay. Order from a seller in your country.

7. Get a scope, its the only way to tell. That could be just a few days away, or 3 weeks away. Only way to reliably tell is to look at the glands. You can find them for like $5, don't skimp out on one, you are so close, you have come all this way. You could be losing as much as 25-30% of your yield of you harvest early

Looks very good, don't change anything you are doing. Month or so from now you'll be curing some dank goods for sure

8. #8 The Soilanator, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
    You could just cut a piece off now to test the high then cut a piece in a another week and so on and so forth. Once you feel good about potency you could chop at your discretion.

9. Oh yeah, looks ready...chop away!