You think ima make it to harvest before first frost?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tokecity112, Sep 2, 2015.

1. I'm 7-10 weeks into flowering outdoors. Its some bag seed from shwag. Idk if I'm going to make it to harvest before our first frost. Any ideas, comments, or pointers?

P.s.
    Why haven't I seen trichs yet?

Attached Files:

2. I couldn't tell ya why it isn't exactly without actually know how old it is etc. But all it takes it patience and your plant shall get there

3. I planted them in April I do know that.

4. 7-10 weeks into flower? Thats a big guesstimate window there buddy. Are you sure they have been flowering that long? It honestly looks like week 1 or 2. If they are indeed that late into flowering i have no idea why they would be budding that slow.

5. Let me rephrase that. 7-10 weeks since I've been able to tell sex

6. Where are you? Latitude has a lot to do with finish times. Another biggie is strain. Is it sativa dominant? If so you could be looking at November for harvest. Also you should look at a farmers almanac to find out when first frost and first freeze is for your area. I live on 34 north parallel and we won't see a hard freeze until the end of November. So it varies greatly from region to region.

7. Just looked it up. I live on the 41 north parallel. So its looking like 24th of Nov. And to tell you the truth it was from some shwag that I got but from looks of it I think its got some sativa dominants.

And what about the trich formation?

8. Sorry make that 24th of Oct.

9. You'll be fine, I'm at 42 and have plants just starting to bud and some 2 wks in bud already, if anything they may just have to be harvested a little earlier

10. Thanks guys. This my first grow so I'm a noob lol

11. Not too sure on the trich thing. All plants develop at different rates. I've got one Jillybean that's been in the ground a good 6 weeks before 2 others from the same seed pack. The younger ones look like they will be ready in 3 or 4 weeks and the older one looks like mid October for harvest. The younger ones started packing on the trichomes and weight a couple weeks ago and the older, larger plant still isn't really popping yet. But it will, they always do. Your plant, I can't tell. It could be a good producer or not. That's the problem with bag seed. You never know what you'll get. Good luck, I've grown plenty of bag seed. Most of it was good. All of it was better than the weed that it came from.

12. Yours look like mine... And o often wonder the same thing! Closer to two weeks into flower... 10 weeks old perhaps... I think we're in for the long haul another 6 maybe 8 more if that's a sativa Dom... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441251449.119083.jpg

13. Dang! 6-8 more weeks? I sure thought I was a lot closer then that.

14. Patience, just keep her watered and feed it some nutrients. It will help with flower development and resin production. The plant is still early into flowering and should start building/ stacking flowers. Before long you will have some nice colas develop. Keep her happy and just be patient. It should be finished be Halloween.

15. Ik patience is key. I wonder what kind of nutes I can give it now that will work I don't have the money to go buying blooming nutes online and I don't have access to a grow store.
    I've been using molasses

16. #16 #Groot, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
    A cheap store bought one is MORBLOOM 0-10-10 ( Alaska-Brand )

I buy it at the Box Stores...

I also buy the Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 ( Alaska-Brand )

I'm up here in da Snow country too....

That's the reason I was looking for a post like this...

My Plants are blooming good... Just worried about an early frost.

I've thought about a temp greenhouse type thing to put over it ...

But haven't done anything yet...

I have a few pix of my Buds in an Album...

I used a Loupe in front of the camera lens

http://forum.grasscity.com/gallery/image/161025-se...

I guess if there's a surprise freeze... It's harvest time ?

Does that ruin the bud someway ?
    \t\t
    Show More...

17. Dont worry about an October frost, as I have harvested buds with ice/snow on them that were extremely sweet and potent.

18. Groot

What is the male plant in the photo?

19. I got rid of the other males...

But this one looked like my Female I named "Purple Kiss"

I saved this Male to get some seeds...

Also... Cross breeding with another plant that is VERY resilient...

I call her Atomic Twinkie...

Two things will survive an Atomic BLAST...

A cockroach and a Twinkie...

But who wants to smoke a Cockroach...
    After I rubbed the Male on certain Buds I want seeds from...

He's being dried , gonna save him in a Jar for a while...

My next plants are CLONES from PK and Twinkie..

20. Just keep that bitch in the ground flowering. Don't get antsy... If you seriously want to know when they are done, close to done, or overdone go grab a bud scope. A frost or 2 matures the THC

Attached Files: