TMA the additives I need for DWC

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tat2, Sep 2, 2015.

1. I'm doing a grow and have floranova grow/bloom and I have ph up/down what else should I have ? I'm looking for anything I may need so I can order the rest of my supplies. I've been being patient and ordering everything I need slowly and won't start growing till I have everything. I used to have salt water fish tanks and am pretty good with water I just don't know enough about all the nutrients and stuff.

I will be doing a grow journal as soon as I'm up and running.

I will be running 2-4 5 gallon buckets with a scrog in a 4+4 tent with a 1200 watt led

Also have a mother tent with a 300 watt led

Thanks in advance
    And toke on

2. you need...
    Container with lid
    Air pump
    Air lines
    Air stones
    PH up
    PH down
    PH meter
    EC meter
    Complete and balanced nutrient
    Clay balls
    Net pot
    Aquarium thermometer
    Water

3. I have all that stuff except I have a tds meter and I don't have a aquarium heater ... Will I need the heater for single DWC buckets ?

I was meaning any supplements / pest control other than floranova grow/bloom and ph up/down

4. Here's a complete list of what I have so far

Net pot lids

5 gallon buckets

1 big air pump with a 6 way adjustable splitter

Clay balls

Tds/ph meter / temp meter

Mother tent with a 300 watt mars hydro led

Flower tent 4/4/8 with a 1200 watt Mars hydro led

3 hydrometers

2 10" wall mount fans

2 6" clip on fans

8" 450 inline fan

8" carbon filter

All the hoses and tubing needed

Calibration fluid

Ph strips to use in conjunction

And other stuff I think I'm forgetting lol

5. an EC meter is a tds meter.
    You are unlikely to need an aquarium heater. Unless you are growing in a very cold basement or something like that.

The list I gave you is all you need

6. #8 GoldGrower, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
    is sounds like you have a quality set up. What 'litre per minute' is your air pump pushing out? You need around 1 litre of air per minute for every 2 litres of nutrient solution. Using less lowers yield and raises the risk of root rot

7. This is the air pump I bought

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441506587.052709.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441506601.645431.jpg

8. #10 GoldGrower, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
    700GPH, assuming that's a US gallon. Is 44LPM. So would be good for up to about 88 litres or 23 US gallons

9. what are you using the 3 hydrometers for?

10. Thanks I was gonna do 4 five gallon buckets so I guess I'll have to get a bigger one, is there one you'd suggest that can run 4 five gallon buckets for plants and another five gallon bucket for water/nutrients ?

So one pump for 5 - 5gallon buckets or should I just buy another one ?

I'd rather run one bigger air pump than multiple ones tbh ...

I bought 3 hydrometers thinking I needed one for outside the tents but now I realize that the ones I bought will read inside the tent via probe and outside the tent via the unit itself ...

11. Is this one good enough ? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441514618.122320.jpg

It says 110 LPM

I definitely want good air flow for healthy roots and I don't care about price ...

12. I could keep the smaller one and use it for a reservoir of plain ph'd water

13. if you haven't already bought the other air pump then yeah that one would be really good

14. I already bought and received it , everything I listed is sitting here waiting for me :)

15. Do you mean hygrometers perhaps? Hydrometers measure the density of liquids, hygrometers measure relative humidity

16. #18 Tat2, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015

17. Humidity/temp meter sorry for the confusion

18. Is this overkill its 200 LPM ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441517016.832443.jpg