outdoor sativa flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by LazyBlazer, Sep 2, 2015.

1. #1 LazyBlazer, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
    Hi guys/girls I have just one plant (left) for my outdoor grow this year and i must say she is...different. I have never seen a plant this "open". She was a high quality bag seed and definitely looks sativa dominate and is about 3 1/2-4 weeks into flower and is showing promise of a nice fat cola.I guess a contributing factor to the "openness" or lack of stem/leaf density would be that she is in completely natural growth, (no topping/fim, nothing) though still i have never seen such an open structure in any plant i have grown before. Although she is a bit sparse looking, she is healthy and has been fairly tolerant and easy to grow especially for a sativa. She doesn't look as big as she actually is in the pics due to me standing in the bed of my truck to take the whole plant pics....she is about 7 and a half feet tall. The only thing that has brought any concern to me is it seems some leaves have been yellowing quite early (cant really see in pics as i have removed them). It hasn't been many but i have never had leaves yellow on me this early into flower. Any ideas? Could this just be a characteristic of this strain/pheno? How do you think she looks?

Attached Files:

2. Idk why its so thin at the bottom but I bet you won't be dealing with any popcorn nugs come chop time. That is a good looking tree

3. I agree, i have never grown a plant this thin and open...and yes i am hoping for some nice FAT nugs come harvest time. She gets sun from dawn till dusk.

4. Looks pretty good to me! What are you or have you fed them? / what soil? / amendments do you have in there? Just looks like she's losing some nitrogen to me. I've never grown a sativa and despite being a bit of a gardener, I have yet to grow cannabis in dirt (short of some window bud).

5. I am also growing a high quality sativa bag seed Maui Waui. I wouldn't worry about anything you are seeing with yours.... it looks and sounds similar to mine. The yellowing is normal. Mine started to fade around that time too....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

6. Thanks the soil is baccto premium lite (peat based). Not too many people use it but it is a good soil and i have had success with it. Black kow compost, mushroom compost, plenty of perlite, kelp meal, ewc, and lime. Main nutrient supply for veg has been epsoma organics plant tone 5-3-3 along with jobes organic 4-4-4 mainly for the abundance of micro nutrients and micro-organisms. Flowering nutrients have been epsoma organics triple phosphate 0-45-0, Hi yield potash 0-0-60, along with some epsoma plant tone just to supply a little nitrogen. I agree she did look like she needed N but the yellowing didnt start until flowering really started taking off (when usually she would need less N). She should have plenty of N right now for flower. Most of the leaves that yellowed (not too many) were the older fan leaves so im chalking it up to be natural yellowing ive just never really seen it happen this early in flower.

7. Thanks Well that's good to know. I've never grown a pure sativa or sativa dominate so I wasn't sure. How far along is yours? pics?

8. She's now at 9 weeks but these pics are from week 7 i believe

Attached Files:

9. Nice man that sure is a healthy looking plant...how much longer are you letting it go before chop?

10. Thank you. Im not sure. Guessing another couple weeks atleast. I am still waiting for the hairs to start to curl in and shrink back into the buds.