Why Are Stoners Slow

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Oni~, Sep 1, 2015.

1. I wouldn't say I'm slow. My mom says I can navigate Internet explorer pretttttyy well

2. I've met some people who become dumb as hell from weed which is sad, they can't even talk straight. Only thing I noticed is delayed thinking by only a couple seconds maybe . I don't feel that much slower from smoking honestly

3. I mean yeah while I'm high I probably speak a little slow and my vocabulary becomes garbage but I wouldn't say it makes you "slow" but not as good with multitasking in the moment. Some people can focus on their body high and just become entranced in it. I've played competitive fps games since I was 13 and do even better in matches when I have a decent high. It takes a bunch of quick reactions and precision movement.

4. Stones move slow
    stone-r

5. I agree

6. Huh?
    What?
    Slower?
    What does that mean?
    Does that mean I cannot figure things out and ask too many questions?

If yes, then I am a stoner.

7. Your frog is fucked. :mad:

8. When I'm high I feel less productive but I get shit done so I guess just kind of paranoid that I'm not being productive

9. if marijuana wasn't illegal, would paranoia still be a side effect?

10. Probably not, though if your still anxious about Simone finding out then it's just the same

11. For me, and for the folks I've been around, I've only felt slow or thought of others as slow only right after smoking. Next day it's back to normal. In my younger days, the thing that affecting me the most was staying out too late partying. Lack of a good nights sleep can make you feel slow and forgetful. I will say though, again in my younger days, I'd go through bouts of getting high everyday for like a month or so and notice I'd misplace my keys more than usual or leave the gas cap to my van on top of the fuel pump and drive off. Probably went through five gas caps back in '95.

12. Definitely. It's a side effect of thc

13. The only residual effect I've felt from smoking marijuana daily for the past three years, is a general decrease in my obsessive thought patterns. I seem to problem-solve much better and I don't have as nasty a temper as I used to. Aside from that, there have been no noticeable ill effects from it for me. I think the stereotype comes from how stoners act.....when they're actually stoned. Of course we're "slow" when we're high. That's part of it. If weed didn't make me basically retarded and absolutely care-free for a couple of hours, I wouldn't do it in the first place.

14. I'm not so sure...

15. I only experienced paranoia the first time I smoked. After that, no fear.

16. Considering how many people who end up getting it, I'd say it's not likely they're all getting paranoid because of cops.

Some people never experience it, some people always do, some people sometimes do, weed affects people very differently.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I've been doing everything in general more slowly since this summer. I met a cute Korean girl who was for some reason obsessed with how slowly I ate and drank. She also couldn't refrain from commenting on my big hands and feet whenever possible. We'd probably still be together, but she found out I was 18 and not 24, like I told her. I still do everything slowly and with deliberation.

18. Absolutely.

Getting pinched by the law is only one aspect of MJ paranoia. There are countless numbers of them, completely dependent on what the herb does for each individual person. This also greatly varies between those just smoking and those eating it, as well as the amounts consumed of course.

Someone not "out there" may only carry the singular paranoid belief that cops will burst down his door as he's quickly smoking his one joint. (me in college) On the flip side, more "out there" smokers may be terrified about the next time an extinction level meteor or asteroid strikes the planet.

Anyone who's ever been down the deep, deep green hole of a very potent edible knows that cops and pot being illegal are the least of our troubles.

19. Its only benefited me. Helps me sleep..my daily night includes enjoy my couple hours of feeling good and eating food, then go to bed. Im quite invested in weightlifting, and I still have the same energy levels while all my maxes rise every week. My social levels are the same, maybe im more outspoken now. Theres just things it helps, while being neutral in every other aspect.

20. Weird... considering I have "stoner" friends who are writers, bank managers, doctors at Mayo Clinic, physiologists, engineers, teachers, artists, accountants, etc.

Stoners are more along the lines of moochers and tend to be lazy without any life goals.