Why Are Stoners Slow

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Oni~, Sep 1, 2015.

1. #21 forty winks, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
    "bet yer ass i like bluegrass"

I had the belt buckle, or was it the t-shirt [​IMG]

2. All is well my friend. :)
    Work is hectic at the moment so not on as much. Hope all is good in your world.

Good article. It sums it up well.

3. Because I'm not gonna speed if I got weed in the car.

4. Not slow... Just chillin...B)

5. Work has been slow for me, but fuck it.

Fred Reed has a choppy way of writing, some of his articles are difficult/annoying to read. Aside from the great content, this one was actually written quite well.

6. Yes, marijuana slows people down. They may or may not compensate well, but those who claim the opposite are just convincing themselves. Yes, if you're well sensitized to cannabis, you're likely to become speedy and talkative immediately after smoking, but the same thing happens with opiate users, which definitely aren't uppers. Like I said, the degree of compensation varies, but marijuana does slow people down, make them less articulate, and more than anything else, it impacts memory. Ask a daily smoker what they did even a 4-5 days ago. My bet is that everything get's hazy more than just a couple days looking back.

That being said, I think marijuana also has many benefits. But don't lie to yourself. Stay in tune with your mind and body, and make choices accordingly.

7. #27 growboxhero12, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
    I smoke down before I get on my street bike. Right before we start twistin threw traffic at insane speeds and walking wheelies, doesn't seem to affect my reaction time but does help me from getting too pumped up an grabbing too big of a handful of throttle gotta b smart about things 😉

8. entrenched in deep thought is more like it. And I'm no philosopher, I just took 3 philosophy classes post modern k-12 educational courses.

9. Having ADD, my attention span and short-term memory are already FUBAR. Weed doesn't cause me to act or talk slow, unless I'm ridiculously baked at the moment.

10. Short term
    Heightens me - I program, do jujitsu and play intense fast-twitch shooting games and adaptive strategy games high as fuck. It heightens my creativity in all, my muscle memory in jujitsu, and my 'tactical overview' in all as well.

Long term
    Dulling effect. So while I can hit the bong and do something productive for a window of about 6 hours, the rest of the time I'm definitely slower. My memory is duller, my speech can be a bit slurry if I'm extra burned out, I'm less socially active and less inclined to work out.

So I guess yes and no

and the way to mitigate the negative effects in my case is to take short t breaks (2-3 days) between each toke, but I often struggle to find the discipline to do so

11. I was a long-haired stoner back in the seventies. There were people I knew in junior high who were pretty normal and not especially slow. In high school when everyone was getting stoned they were slower than they were in junior high. It was obvious.

I noticed that my memory wasn't as good.

The only people who notice the effects in themselves right away are people who work with math. People who don't smoke pot and study or work with higher math notice a change after they start smoking. They can't handle the problems they used to be able to handle. If you have a job working in a restaurant or something which doesn't entail a lot of thinking, you don't really notice the change.

12. weed doesnt make you slow. randy moss(all time great NFL player) used to smoke weed before every game in high school and he was the best player in the country.

bob marley smoked weed and toured the world and played his music every night.

sure these are extreme examples but my point is that it depends on the person. everyone is so quick to say the person is "slow" because hes a stoner. but nobody ever considers that maybe the dude is just a slow person in general lol. many great people have done great things while stoned off their ass. it depends on the person and what they have within.

13. I recently had to have a medical and part of that was a reflex test, I aced that test, The lady doing the testing said she hasn't seen reflexes that quick in years and i smoked 2 bowls before I went in knowing even if I didn't pass the drug test my job was safe. Although my quick reflexes come from boxing training.

14. I think its cause theres always THC in their system? when u say a stoner u probably think this person smokes like what a couple of times a day or at least every day or every other day right? well thc makes u high and u can still feel the lingering effects until the next day and well the point is u still got THC in ur body for like 24 hours max with it effecting u in some way (not talking about testing negative for drug test) so its cause stoners are always high with THC in them so thats why we think there slow? i had a huge smoking problem i was in a fking dream for like 3 years man lol, and i only smoke 3 times every week instead of 3 times every day and i felt slow as fk, i even take pills to combat that shit (ginko bilba 60mg with 20mg of DMAE, works perfectly ). so yea man stoners always got thc in them thats why lol

15. I'm not quite sure I'm willing to get on board with this theory. I am definitely not high when I'm not high. I wish I were stoned 24/7.

16. #37 Oni~, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
    I am currently on week 3 of the 24/7 experiment while touring Scandinavia.

Things are interesting

17. #38 101 BIG TEX 101, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
    teh herb makes feel better - mind and body. combined! i may seem slow cuz i'm like......meditating or something. fuck! i aint slow. fuck! i aint. i'm fast! i'm super fast!.....well......u know what i kinda sorta mean. like, WOAH! did u see that? it was moving so fast and.....wow....i'm just chilling- ya know, bruhs. just chilling. i'm all good. it's all good. can't we all just get along? like-peace, ya know. love. 420. life. liberty. fuck fascism. word. legalize texas

[​IMG]

18. ADD isn't a real thing it was made up to sell pills

19. Not only that, it's job security for head shrinkers. The more new disorders they can dream up the more their businesses expand.

This country is so fucked.