Why Are Stoners Slow

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Oni~, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Agree with it or not, this is a popular belief about stoners. Why do you think that is?

Has the herb made you slower in anyway or faster or had no impact on you at all in that regard?

*written at 11 feet

2. Wouldnt say i was slow.
    Quite the opposite in fact.

Guess it has a lot to do with the person and not so much the weed.

3. I had a friend I met at a job I had once who later went on to be my dealer. When I first met him he was very smart and intuitive. He spoke quickly, clearly and directly, and he had a lot of motivation in life and a strong interest in his grades. It took a few months, but our resident super-stoner of the kitchen (and I say super-stoner because this was the guy who smoked weed and did other drugs constantly for most of his life while the rest of us were more occasional users) to convince this kid to smoke weed. He seemed interested, but would never have time due to his other job and extracurricular activities. I could tell right away the day after he smoked for his first time. He carried himself differently, spoke slower, and seemed to take more time to respond. He liked it a lot, he said, and would be doing it again and again if he could. And he did. After a few more months, he had become very... Chongish, if you catch my drift. "Yeah, ma-on," "Hey, ma-on," "So damn funny, dood." You get the picture. He was stonafied. This did not change his intelligence as he still graduated high school with As and Bs, started college courses, and still worked two jobs. The only thing that changed really was his extracurricular activities. He stopped hanging out with the dorks he didn't like from school and found a new group of pot-smoking friends and fit in like a puzzle piece, and soon after started to sell.

All this being said my friend is doing very well for himself and is above all, happy. So I am happy for him. I feel like weed has not so much messed up his head or slowed him down, but simply put him onto the course he was naturally meant to go down.

Myself, on the other hand, due to my sometimes OCD nature, use to cause me a lot of grief and anxiety. However, this anxiety pushed me to change myself. I began to study the arts on my own, did college courses and got out of that stink-hole that was my home town. In other words its made me feel smarter, has inspired me, and has pushed me on to do greater things with my life. Then I have had friends who smoked weed and their IQ dropped from low to all-time low and they can no longer remember to pay their bills until the power gets shut off and messes up my credit since I had to open the account for him.

The proof is in the pudding. It really does depend on the person.

4. Pure stereotype. You can't debate whether a stereotype is true or not because that's why it's called a stereotype.

5. It doesnt make me intellectually or critically slower, but it does have a huge impact on my short term memory. It bugs me alot like i've even considered quitting or at least draaaastically reducing my consumption. I'm older now im an assistant superintendent and its incredibly embarrassing the amount of times I have to ask my superior to repeat what he just said 3 times in a row, like I worry if he wonders why he made me a manager on occasion haha.

• Like Like x 1
  6. This is also a problem I have while high, I've noticed. What I do is write out a note to myself on my phone when someone tells me something. ^^ Maybe you could try that too?

7. Dave's not here, myann

8. I'm hyper-functional and marijuana makes me think and study better. That is a myth. I have a perfect memory.

9. I smoke several times/day everyday and im a professional driver. i cant afford being slow

10. the 'war on drugs'. Tens of billions of dollars were spent to make the OP share that belief.

11. I think since it makes you daydream and not pay attention it gives that illusion

-Yuri

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pot makes me slower and lazier I mean when im high af of course. When I'm slightly buzzed I can do all sorts of things none notices but I still feel a bit slow u know

13. Was going to reply but I have forgot what the OP was about. :(

14. #14 Fizzly, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
    Hey SP, been a while. [​IMG] All is well?

Pot expands my musical mind, but sometimes I get in the middle of a song on the guitar and I forget what song I'm playing. [​IMG]

EDIT: SP, I ran across this article earlier today, I'm thinking you'd enjoy it: Why They Hate Us (America).

15. What style of music do you play?

16. LOL, nothing anyone here (or anywhere else) would relate to.

Easy listening, Chet Atkins stuff, bluegrass, old country, other oddball stuff.

17. I like Chet Atkins. I listen to a lot of older music. Buddy Holly is my favorite.

18. Ha, good old Chet. ^

I miss him. :(

19. Believe it or not my best friend, was a sprinter. We would toke up on the daily and he was still fast, fastest kid in the province to be exact(still holds records to this day). I guess being Perdita Felicien's cousin sure helps a lot. Toking never slowed him down.

20. I like this. I also smoke before I work out. Makes the whole experience easier, especially for someone with a broken, oversized body like myself. Its only ever helped me and many others. I may be a forgetful stoner when I smoke, but I don't necessarily need my short-term memory while I'm exercising now, do I. As long as I can count reps, my notepad keeps track of what exercises and how many sets/reps I have to do for me, and the timer on the treadmill tells me when I've run for 15 minutes.

Good for your friend. [​IMG]