First Grow 4x4x6.5 600w

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blushady408, Sep 1, 2015.

1. #1 blushady408, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
    I'm starting my first grow in a 4x4x6.5 grow tent with reflective mylar, a 600w hps light, and a fan (not sure of the exact strength). I'm planning on buying 5-6 clones and transplanting them into 5 gallon pots using fox farm ocean forest organic soil and blue planet nutrients. I'm planning on doing some sort of training and topping, either ScroG or LST with string and rubber band. My questions for you guys are..

1. Is 5-6 a good amount of plants for this setup?
    2. Should I grow all the same strains or different strains?
    3. When should I start LST or ScroG and at what height should i try and keep the canopy?
    4. What type of training would be best for this setup, ScroG or LST?
    5. What types of strains would give me the best yield in this setup?
    6. How long should I veg and flower the clones for? Is 4-6 weeks for each period generally a good amount of time?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, any wisdom on any of these questions or my setup or any other useful advice is much appreciated[​IMG]

2. How long are you planning to keep them in vegetative growth for?

3. Whoops I meant to add that in as a question lol [​IMG]

4. That'll be a big factor in how your space is used. Whenever you choose to change to 12/12 lighting schedule they will double to triple in size. You have to account for that I didn't last grow lol I ended having to build a whole room to accommodate my ladies

5. FGI is right. i have 3 now. all bagseed, but 2 are indica and 1 sativa. the indicas really never grew over 27-28 inches. they are almost the same height, even though one is 2 weeks older, but the sativa grew and grew. so much so that she cant fit under my 600w. i had to buy and led to put over her.

6. #6 PNWClosetGrower, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
    I am not an experienced grower but i can tell you what my plan is from the research i've done and the help i've gotten here since I'm growing in a box i built that's the same size. If you didn't get an air cooled hood with an exhaust get one before you start because a gull wing will absolutely fry your babies. I've got 4 northern lights in mine and i think it's going to be pretty full without even scrogging. I'm figureing with the height at 6.5' and my light needing 18 inches of clearance i had about 4.5-5 foot max of grow height space so i will flower at about a foot and a half shooting for 4 footers. i made a scrog net but thinking about it being my first harvest and the difficulties i've already had i'm going to only top them and LST this time. at 20 days my northern lights were about 7 inches tall but they're growin faster every day so it's almost impossible to put a concrete number on when i'm going to flower. i'm hoping for a month and a half. expect at least a month for veg and at least 2 months for flower, you can veg as long as you need to to get teh height you want. 5-6 should be ok. if i could start over i would start two strains myself because of the whole diminishing returns thing when you smoke, one has presented a few problems but nothing to make me think two would have killed me. i'm using different soil and nutes so i can't speak on that. Going into 5 gallon pots as well. If you want to see what i did feel free to look at my journal, you can get a feel for what the plants will look like in that 4x4 square. Hope you find the success your looking for, post a grow journal and i'll tag along fir the ride. [​IMG]
    I should also note my future plans is to turn mine into a 2 plant perpetual grow scrog.