So I just did a cut and run... what can I do about the bugs on my buds?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by ItMustBeOrganic, Sep 1, 2015.

1. I had to cut my girls down sooner than I wanted to because of a horrible pest infestation I got during flower... now there are literally piles of critters crawling on my stems. I was listening to the adam dunn show and i think i heard that an o zone generator could do the trick? are the buds salvageable? ill try to get some good pictures asap

2. Piles of bugs??? We got to see this to say if its worth saving.

3. #3 ItMustBeOrganic, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
    cant get a shot that show them, they are too small. but what can i do about bugs on chopped buds?

4. I didn't mean the bugs....lets see the BUDS. You asked if its worth saving. There's no way to know without seeing them. You're just pissing in the wind w/o pics. Shake the damn bugs off outside. I don't know if an ozone generator would do it or not. I've never heard anything good about those things, so there wont ever be one in my house. Rather or not the buds worth saving.... A pic is needed for that.

5. ...bho and dewax it...or smoke bugshit...hmmm..choices, choices..what too do...<coin toss>...bho wins.

good luck [​IMG]

6. http://www.nachi.org/ozone-generator-hazards.htm

Scroll down to the hazards. It warns against using them anywhere humans or animals are. Recommends ventilating the area well before allowing humans or pets in. No thanks not worth the risk no matter what it is. Especially around cannabis that's eventually going to be ingested imo. Definetly not in my house where my children and pets are.

7. What was the wash people used to do in the Northwest for some sort of bacteria or algae?

8. nice edit.... If they're so small a camera can't pic them up and they're riddled with bugs toss that shit. You must only be talking about a gram or less. My camera will pic up some pretty small buds and I have a shit camera on my phone.

9. probably mighty wash. Its too late to be using that. He's already harvested.

10. oh its good buds haha, just want to know how to get all the bugs off of em or what i should do from here. will they continue to eat my drying buds r die off?

11. im familiar with ozone generators and my gma has one. its supposed to be fine for plants, you just have to be out for a bit hah.

12. rofl? nice edit? wtf is with all the seperate posts man, why not edit ur own? all i added was "on the chopped buds".. so i dont know what ur talking about. it changed the context none. im talking about much more than a gram.. and the camera wont focus on what i need to show.. sorry? u can stop posting now, its not helping

13. #13 ItMustBeOrganic, Sep 1, 2015
    just a lol after being organic this whole time... even though it was sub cool hah
    and dont you need equipment to dewax or w/e?

14. Relax man. I just thought it was funny was all because it changed. No big deal. Don't be so sensitive and smoke a joint man.

15. #15 roorforcrumble, Sep 1, 2015
    No there was something else that was a dilution of rubbing alcohol and water, or something, that Washingtonians and Oregonians were using to kill some fungus or algae they were getting when growing outside. I would look it up but I am pretty busy trying to re-memorize a bit of calc. Oh well just something for OP to chase down if he is looking for something that will at least sanitize the herb.

16. about 4000ppm CO2 will kill just about anything. Put the bud in a sealed container and turn it into a gas chamber.

17. Live insects like mites will not stay on non living plant material. Once harvested they migrate to living plants. The only real problem with harvested flowers is when they are infected with bud worms, they will continue to eat the harvested flower and live inside the bud. Pruning and removal is the only course of action.

PW

18. I always hang my plants whole to dry so when I do this if there is any kind of bug infestation I put a bit of vaseline on the top so when the mites crawl up they get trapped. I should mention the top at this point would be where you cut the stem, not on top of the buds. Also, if your infestation was that bad I would clean that room out before any other plants go in and I would get on a routine of spraying the plants at least once a week with something, assuming you are growing indoors not outdoors.

19. Op post a damn picture
    Lol

20. I thought the budworms leave once the drying process took place. The issue is with their poop....I thought....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk