Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Protip: Buy an oven thermometer.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by TheFuzz, Sep 1, 2015.

1. #1 TheFuzz, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
    I recently came across a recipe here that called for an oven thermostat. Not all do, in fact, most don't.

Regardless, my cooking experience has been meh at best. Usually get stuff to work but would say its typically weak.

Anyway, decided to buy a $5 oven thermometer off of Amazon and to my surprise, both my main oven and toaster oven were ~40 off. In reality, both were actually much cooler than they were set at.

Regardless, temperature when activating the THC is very specific and detrimental to your success. 40 too cool will definitely take a toll.

Highly recommend testing this out (especially with lower end appliances.)

2. #2 TheFuzz, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
  3. Thanks for the advice- it's a good thing to do since we're working usually in narrow temperature ranges. Obviously made a difference in your settings.

4. Too many people trust the dial on their ovens...

Another tip is to use a pizza stone to minimize the temperature swings while cycling. I picked up a 12x12 marble tile at Home Depot for $2.50 that works nicely --- oven used to swing +/- 15-20 degrees without the tile --- down to +/- 5-10 degrees with.

5. Good call OneE