How am I doing so far?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Casanovakush, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Update, week into flowering, she is exploding with growth now.

Attached Files:

2. I found my light shades for my cfls, focused all the heat directly to the plant and would burn them, even 6-10" away,
    I removed mine and it stopped, I've ran without them for a year now

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. High... the dark cycle is when roots grow and flourish so the small root system is probably from going 24 lights on.
    That isn't root rot its more likely colored from the nutrient solution you gave her, 800 is far to high for a plant that young,
    300-400 would be more appropriate. also a good idea to set your ph at 5.8 as in most instances its going to raise,, right now if it raises a bit you loose allot of important nutrients. the leaf curing was light burn try to keep them 6-8" always you may have to move them allot. I would also recommend to stop spraying her down, she doesn't need it and could be problematic.
    Hope that helps, your off to a great start..
    Yoda

4. thank you, I've actually switched from 24 to 18/6 and now it's actually 12/12 week into flowering. Root system is better now I even got some hydro guard in there. Your definitely right about the nutes being to high in the begging I got some nute burnt at the bottom but she's doing fine full strength now.

5. New pics... 12 days in flowering.

Attached Files:

6. nice. she looks happy now.. hell yeah... :)

7. thanks master Yoda!, as far as flowrring time for this strain it's (according to leafy) 8-9 weeks, will this be faster since hydro gro?

8. should be the same, the buds should be bigger though, id look at the trichomes beginning of the 8th week from 1st bud, most plants take 10-12 days to show bud after light change. you don count that generally. but some strains ya never know. she will show signs, she is about to explode now and that nice light green top shows she is loving life.. Nice work

9. She just keeps looking better and better by the day :)

Attached Files:

10. all was going well then I noticed this sucker... and some red stems. :( any suggestions? I literally only see 2 pollen sacks on one branch, snip snip? Lol

Attached Files:

11. Update, 3 weeks in! I ended up letting those pollen sacks be for a a day or so then I just ended up sniping them and pollinating the buds on that branch for some fem seeds I hope. Still don't see any new pollen sacks either so we'll see what's up i guess.

Attached Files:

12. #32 jasminesflowers, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2015
    Your not using your complete set of base nutrients. The general hydroponics flora series uses flora grow and flora bloom together in different quantities with flora micro. That's your "base nutrients" you would then use add on nutrients like rapid start, flora blend, cool bloom, and floralicious plus. The missing bottle is about 12 bux here. Good job so far!

13. I used those reflectors for a little bit an decided to take em off one day after I noticed how warm they were. My box dropped 3 degrees that may help with some of the heat stress

14. Never mind you got it going good now!

15. I was under the impression that the base was N-P-K and I was getting the base with micro and bloom alone with the lucas formula.

16. Update: learned a lot for my first grow I think I'm doing predominantly well. About 2 weeks to go I believe.

Attached Files:

17. Let the, puppies swell up first! Good work!