Minimalist camper

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by SHhy, Aug 31, 2015.

1. So I truly believe in packing a tomahawk, some sinew for snares, some lines for fishing, and a hammock. I try to pack as light as possible so that I can focus on nature itself and not be distracted by all the extra gear. Any other minimalist campers or hikers out there? Or even utilitarian?

2. I've been thinking of taking a minimalist type camping adventure for awhile.. just life gets in the way.. lol, but I wanted to find a quiet spot in the middle of the wilderness and set up an easy, minimum camp. I'm not really big on hunting/trapping.. so I was think of taking enough hemp seeds, coconut oil, wheatgrass to grow, and maybe some vitamins for 90 days. I'd take no cigarettes so I can get them out of my system.. maybe not even take any weed.. and live off of what I brought. Kind of like a trip to get away to rid my mind and body of shit from society.. while hopefully helping me to appreciate human connection more. I don't know if I ever will.. but I've been itching to do it for awhile.

3. Im of the same mind my friend. All I need in the woods is my eno with rain fly and a few tools (and some nugs of course) I also enjoy going on camping trips/adventures solo to get to know myself better and to find my own kind of serenity.

4. Love the sound of that. Just a very simple but effective tent, don't want bugs eating me up or giving me a disease. My survival kit, a fishing rod and some spices to go with the fish. Oh well and some weed too.

5. I love to hike with just my backpack and dog.

Usually I bring a huge knife (busse), lots of water, emergent jacket, and few snacks.

6. #6 bluntyoungballa, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2015
    That sounds more like a survival kit really. How long are you camping in one area where you will get use out of the snares? I have a BCUSA 5x7 tarp, 8 inch Mora, folding saw, fire steel etc. that I carry. Right now I'm using a Tactical Taylor Fight Light pack and it's extremely light weight. Columbia has some awesome holiday deals so I got a whole outfit for like $160, waterproof jacket, fleece, waterproof pants, fleece pants etc. I would never pay full price on that shit but all of the stuff in the store was marked way down and they included $20 off $100 purchase gift cards. I usually carry a ruger single six or G35 along with my gear.

7. slept in my parents yard last night, got to about 34 degrees or so, slight to heavy rain.
    Had my pup with me, was tons of fun.

it's awesome to vape wax in a tent at 2 in the morning while it's pouring rain.

[​IMG]