Led to replace my hids?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by AMG, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Latest pics. Coming on nicely
    One more

Attached Files:

2. Latest pic. Not sure as yet. Look as if they ain't filling out as quickly as normal but may be my imagination

Attached Files:

3. Even more pics. 6 weeks in now
    Another
    Still got a lot of filling out left to be done

Attached Files:

4. I have grown all diamond serious xml 10w cree lights before all leds and from my experience leds are lacking to use by themselves. LEDs make denser harder bud but the yield wasnt anything close to when i used straight HPS. With that said the combination of both gives you a better spectrum and makes really good supplemental lighting in spots the HPS miss and allows for denser buds.

5. Not sure you made your purchase, but...

Keep in mind you are likely giving up 6" around the perimeter= 4 x 4

2 Amare SE 220s would kill in that space. You will get a discount on 2. MSRP is $695

Several GC growers are using them. I am using one is a 33 x 33

Now entering 4th week of flower from seed

I snapped the top as I was running out of space for this tall strain

Attached Files:

6. I have about 2 weeks of flower left with the 360w vero29 unit to see what it can do against my old 600w hps. I was getting between 0.7 to 0.85 grams per watt with the hps. The buds do look excellent and tasty under the vero but don't want to drop my yield by half if I can help it. If I change back to hps, I wl still be looking for another led experiment.
    I have heard that led are better suited to veg really (with the right 4000k or 5000k obviously). Anyone put there have experience to confirm or deny that?

7. Bud

Attached Files:

8. #28 LEDgrowman, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
    What up AMG. Ive been using Vero/CXB for some time now with the highred/lowblue 3000K fixtures are my go to flower
    machines.HighBlue/HighRed 4000K temp is great HPS/MH combo =. lowred/highblue 5000K are MH=
    Vero240 4000K and CXB200 3000K 21days from seed veggin the Bluedreams/GreenCracks/Strawberry Banana. I will pick my best 4 and flower 1plant/1COB over a 2ft7 x 4ft7 area of growlab 5x10
    I am averaging around 1.25 gpw since I started using COBs depending on strain under. My Mono#s were around 1gpw
    IMO Optic 360 is a very good 600watt hps replacement and 4000K for the cycle

Attached Files:

9. Ledhtowman, or anyone else with led experience, would you say the flowing time is the same with led than with hps? Or would ot be longer/shorter. My buds did seem to ripen quickly before fully filling out.

10. Well, harvest day is here at last. I will post results vs the usual 600w results once it is dried.

11. posting for updates because I too wanna buy an LED system

12. Well not the best weigh in :-(
    Only came in at 8oz down from 16oz with my old 600w hps.
    I will say this is just one small experiment and I only used the led for 2 months flowing. That was the only aspect of my grow I changed.

13. I am thinking of trying both 600 hps and 360 led together this time.
    I may change my mind and go back to the 600w in a bigger reflector yet though.

Attached Files:

14. I am gutted to be honest as I love the unit. Love the low maintenance, low heat, low noise aspects but as it was approx half my usual I can't justify swapping just yet.
    Looks like half the power equals half the yields in my soil setup at least :-(