Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and cannabis or CBD oil- please help with advice

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by eyeswideopen557788, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Hello all,

My mother was diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis several years ago. She was actually diagnosed while I was in college, but I knew nothing about it until I graduated. She told me that she didn't tell me anything because she wanted be to focus on my studies so that I could the degree I worked so hard to earn. She suffered in silence.....

She's had the disease for about six years (which is already 1 year over the average life expectancy of 3 to 5 years). She is currently on oxygen now (past 2 years) 24/7. She is in alot of pain all the time. She has trouble breathing and being motivated about anything at all. She is a fighter though, and she fights to make it through another day every day. I recently started researching cannabis, medical marijuana and cbd oil as alternative treatments to things like pirifidone (this drug helps with the lungs but it tends to have very negative gastrointestinal effects) or a lung transplant which she is already to old to receive... she is 65). She has alot of things she wants to do in life that she hasn't been able to. It's like she's had to put her life on hold and let it deteriorate.... It really breaks my heart seeing her like this because I don't know what else to do. I help her as much as I can, but when she has those cough attacks that leave her out of breathe, it kills me. My depression and anxiety have worsened over these years (I should honestly be on antidepressants, but I went down that route before and I almost took my own life.... so I don't want them again....).... But anyway, to the point:

I was wondering if anyone in the forums with lung conditions of any kind, be it IPF or COPD... or any interstitial lung disease... anything... If you have any advice, anecdotes, or valuable info to share, please help me help my mother. I cannot keep seeing her like this.... and she deserves a better quality of life for the rest of the life she has. She's my best friend. This is such an awful disease....

thanks in advance for any info you can provide :)[​IMG]

2. what are you doing via nutrition? i juice every day. if i don't i get very sick because my body is a scared mess from the cancer i had. what has helped the most was juicing. i like the ninja juicer because it pulverizes food to the cellular level allowing for far better absorption of nutrients. you could put food in there and do that to make it far easier to digest. why is that important? low levels of oxygen thats why!

so from why i know of the disease your mother has, hers has no definite cause right? just the lung damage but unable to find out why? that is a tough one unfortunately because without knowing the cause, we cant stop it from actively attacking the lungs. but by adding different types of veggies and juicing them you'll be able to better fight the SYMPTOMS of the disease. i do this for my pops as well as my self.

like i said the ninja juicer takes veggies and water {i like OJ} and destroys the veggy matter so it is far easier to digest. you get so much more of the nutrition. because digestion is a CHEMICAL process and cells use OXYGEN to metabolize the energy they need. you can see how this can help.

i am thinking that getting some edible oil to help relieve your mothers suffering is probably a good place to start. it helps greatly with my pops suffering and my own.

here is a link to a place that helps you find natural cures for different types if ailments. take all of these cures with a grain of salt and be sure to read user reviews and see what they say as far as their own personal results go. but like i said, natural cures can be super powerful if utilized correctly. maybe you could get some of the more natural stuff {fruits, veggies, herbs, etc, etc} and pulverize them for easy digestion in that ninja juicer or one like it.

even though it might sound like it, i dont sell juicers for a living lol! i hope i have helped at least a little bit in some way. my wife said we will pray for your mother tonight. it is a terrible feeling and one that i know personal when someone you love and respect is hurting. honestly, the best thing you can do is have happy, loving and kind thoughts in your heart when you are with them. energy and its intention can be powerful.

3. Hi ajroxit :)

Well, I forgot to mention that my mother has diabetes, so things like juicing is actually difficult for her due to the high sugar content in the fruits. She might be able to do it with veggies and some fruit here and there, so I'll tell her to try it. :)

She definitely wants to try the oil, so I need to figure out how to get that. We live in New Jersey.... The most a** backwards state ever...

Thanks for your prayers, they are much needed :)