Car accident

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by My_Foots_Asleep420, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Just got into an accident some fucking dickhead blew a redlight and hit me on my drivers side.. I refused medical attention at the scene but I'm having some pain in my neck and knee... I think the adrenaline is wearing off

2. Following presumes this to be an accident in the States...

What sort of coverage do you have? If you have a full coverage policy, then you can go ahead and go to the doctor...ultimately the other driver's policy SHOULD pony up for ALL medical bills plus the usual 'pain and suffering' bump. It is also worth contacting the law enforcement agency that took the report so that they can do a supplement.

Refusing medical on scene is not uncommon, nor are indicators of injury some hours or even days afterwards. I did much the same several years ago when a soccer mom blew a four-way stop and turned me sideways. Vehicle was in the shop for three months across two different places...there was stuff discovered that one would never ordinarily have looked for including a massive leak up front as well as a damaged diode or capacitor in the stereo. Driveshaft had also been knocked out and had just enough damage to have a very noticeable vibration that began at 55-60MPH.

Sorry you are having to deal with it...but where fault is pretty clear, carriers usually pony up quick...

3. Better call Saul..........

4. 5 star thread. Glad you decided to consult with the medical professionals of grasscity.

5. im just sharing my experience im not consulting the gc doctors lmao

6. Car accidents suck. Period. You are lucky to still be alive and breathing in any incident.

MPE - Driver behind me totaled his Z3 into my rear bumper and wedged under my poor little old Lancer. Note - she is still alive but is put on life support in the garage where she is a vegetable. DMV refuses to recognize any changes. Could care less what happened to that prick.