Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do you peak faster when smoking bowls, as apposed to smoking a joint?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by DoctaSativa, Aug 30, 2015.

1. I'm asking this question here because I don't know where to put it, and it seems as if I'll get better answers from experienced users. When I smoke a bowl (same amount of bud, over the same amount of time) I tend to peak 30 seconds after my last hit as apposed to about 3-5 minutes after finishing a joint. Does anyone know why?

2. Dude I know what you mean but idk why lol. I thought it was just me

3. I've always preferred ripping a bowl or bong vs smoking a joint/ blunt.

4. For me, it seems to have more to do with the strain rather than the method of ingestion. I haven't smoked a joint since college (more than a few years ago) but whether I smoke from a pipe or vape it, some strains just come on quicker and others are what I refer to as creeper weed. Just characteristics of the different strains.

5. i think it might be the fact that smoking a joint takes longer to smoke a joint rather than hitting a few bowls

6. bc joints suck...lol

but seriously, of all the methods, joints and blunts dont do much for me vs, a glass bowl, a bong, or even a 1 hitter. donno why, but if i emptied a joint, i could get high 3 times with the bud in a bowl, but smoke the whole joint and, meh..

7. I'm not a big fan of joints.
    Blunts can be nice but I never roll one with just my weed, it's always a shared effort.
    Pipes and bowls you can't go wrong with.

8. Because a bowl doesn't waste away and you're getting every bit of the smoke.
    I get high from less than .3 in a bong/pipe, whereas two .5 spliffs won't get me even halfway there.

9. My personal theory on this is with a bowl, theres more surface area being burned than a joint, so you're inhaling much more THC per hit and that hits you faster and a bit stronger.

10. b/c cherries pop and joints suck. simplified?

11. #11 UniqueGrass, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
    Bigger hits from the bowl. The joint wastes a little weed.

12. I remember reading a chart awhile back about thc intake with various methods with vaporizers and bongs being in the upper tier and joint/ blunts at the bottom. Not sure if anyone can find this chart though, he'll I may of seen it on gc post from a few years back. Cheers!

13. Found it, cheers
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442289551.925871.jpg

14. Personally for me I feel like joints take me more weed to get high. If I put weed in my one hitter it takes me about 2-3 bowls to get high. I can smoke a joint faster than I can smoke 3 bowls because it takes time to pack a bowl and with a joint you can just puff and puff and puff. The time it takes to pack 3 bowls you're already feeling your first one. You feel like you don't want to smoke anymore because your high already. That's why people who want to save weed smoke out of one hitters.

15. Smoke weed everyday