Guitar talents out there...

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by ReturnFire333, Aug 30, 2015.

1. I don't need advice from Jimmi Hendricks (sp?) only... any decent guitarists who think they're good enough to give advice to someone else, if you had to give a beginner electric guitarist set things to learn, what would you recommend?

Right now I'm plinking around on the major open chords with decent success, along with some minor open chords, I don't really have a problem getting chords to sound out, except F major, but I hear everyone struggles with F major, but my transition speed isn't good yet. I've learned 1st and 2nd position A key pentatonic scale pretty well, and I'm currently breaking my hand in two trying to gain strength to play bar chords, which is awful.

Currently working out of a Rockhouse method book and Yousician on the iphone, but I do well with recommendations of specific stuff to learn printed right in front of me. Would definitely appreciate practice recommendations from any and all.

2. Work on the fundamentals first. You're going to want to look at proper hand positioning and some exercises you can do to train your hands on basically how to move and react. best thing you can do is surf Youtube. Learned everything I know from there, including all my songs.

This last video helped a lot with my inability to do bar chords. Turns out I was just holding the neck wrong.