Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where did I go wrong? Tried single serving cannabutter for brownies recipe

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Kimmanda, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Hey Hey,

So first time on the forum, but second time baking space brownies... and failing... The first time I know I had the cannabutter proportions wrong, which is why I specifically tried to get it right this time... but nope... so gonna break down the process and hopefully someone can tell me where I'm going wrong...

So, because I wasnt planning to make a huge batch of brownies, and also because I didn't have alot of buds left, I used about 1g, which I decarbed for about 20-30 min at low heat.

I then used 1 tablespoon butter to make the cannabutter, which melted and got very hot, but never bubbled. (Is this the problem) The butter looked dark brown coming out. So the ratio was 1 tablespoon butter to 1g decarbed bud.

I bought a box of brownie mix (lazy) where the recipw called for 125ml oil. I uses the cannabutter, which didnt come up to 125ml, but used oil to make up the difference. 60ml water was also added. It then baked in the oven for 25 min and tasted delicious.

But I feel like theres no effect. So do I maybe have a really high tolerance? (I feel its unlikely coz I had four over 4hrs and nothing) or does anyone know where I went wrong? I think I got the cannabutter ratio right...

If anyone is interested, used northern lights for the butter...

2. Do I understand correctly? You used one gram of decarbed bud to make a pan of brownies? Or one brownie?

3. Yeah, 1 gram for 1 pan. But I thought the ratio counted with the butter? Not the actual brownie mix? Is that where I went wrong?

4. for a pan of brownies i like em strong, i'd probably use at least half an oz of bud. 1 gram for an entire pan of brownies isn't going to do anything. what kinda brownie recipe calls for 1 tbsp of butter? do yourself a favor and find a good coconut oil recipe. i find it absorbs the thc better than butter does and most brownie recipes that ive used call for oil rather than butter.

5. I thought I could mix the oil and butter... [​IMG] It was 125ml oil... I used 1 tbsp butter which once melted was about 15ml... hmmm... Im starting to see the problem :')

6. You used to much of a medium to to out the cannabutter in, you'd have to eat the whole brownie pan to feel anything, next time just decarb your buds, grind them up finely and add it to some melted down chocolate. Let that sit for a few days. That's how i make my single serve edibles. Cheers bro

7. This is the equivalent of pouring one shot of liquor into a two liter. Not exactly, but close.

8. You used too little herb, and you burned your butter (should have used a double boiler).