Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dispensarys in MA

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by waterhurley, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Hello everyone,

I was just approved for my MMJ card in Massachusetts. I live in Boston and work in Cambridge, and as far as i know there is only a single dispensary open in Salem. I was wondering if there were any other MMJ card holders in MA on here, and what dispensary's will serve you? My friend told me about one in RI and another in Southern CT, but wanted some input before I take the drive. (The one closest to me is appointment only and seeing its only been open 3 weeks or so, getting an appointment is tough)

2. #2 JiggyJax, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
    Salem is open but IMO it sucks. Generally speaking I have not had the opportunity to try a wide variety of strains (or even know what strains I've had) and I want a dispensary like they have in Maine where I can buy single grams or different strains until I find a few that work well for me.

Salem sells at a minimum of 1/8 oz. If you are looking for large quantities of a limited variety then Salem may be good for you. But AFAIK Salem has never had more than 4 strains available at one time and usually only 2. They are in what feels like a dark basement and you can't see what you are buying before you buy it. They also require appointments which are doled out on their email list every couple of weeks. I don't understand the business decisions they have made and if they weren't the only game in town (until next week) I doubt they'd last very long in business.

In Good Health should be opening next week in Brockton. I've pre-registered there during their pre-registration period (closed now) and got to see the inside of the dispensary. It is bright, clean and looks like what you might find in Maine (the only other dispensaries I have ever seen). Big wide counters with display cases and they will offer flower and edibles and other formats. The same is true for NETA in Northhampton where I have also pre-registered. NETA opens in the middle of next month hopefully.

I started going to Maine when I got my card (got the extra $50 certification from my MMJ doc) since even Salem wasn't open at the time. It's a long drive to Portland but on a nice day I like a nice drive.

I plan to use Brockton until NETA Brookline or Patriot Care in Boston open, both of which I think will be before the end of the year.

This is where you want to keep watch to know when others have been approved: http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/gov/departments/dph/prog...

3. Cool thanks. My mom lives in Northampton so that will probably be choice. Is it on conz st by chance? Where can I register?

4. Hi JiggyJax, I'm wondering what you think about In Good Health and the others by now since it has been a year. Things can change rapidly. How did you like NETA Brookline or Patriot Care? Would you still recommend them?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. I also live in Northampton. NETA is a pretty chill place and really professional. A really decent selection of quality flower too.

Although, I am on the lookout for a caregiver with some really good concentrates or hash. Western Mass. seems to be a dead-zone for good concentrates.

6. #6 Tammm, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Hi!

Hello Boston fam

Visiting hometown right now for a while and noticing there's about 4 dispensaries out here near Boston, with a storefront, Newton, Brookline, Quincy, to name a few

All dispensaries grow their own supply which is awesome, I'm only visiting for a few months due to family emergency

Wish I could pick up a job at one of these dispensaries but I became a California resident and am on a personal leave of absence from work, which means they won't let me pick up new employment without voiding my leave

Hope the legalization process in Massachusetts continues to develop smoothly

Here for a while to get a taste of it all

Time for my 9% cider and dabs, talk soon, GNIGHT FOLKS!!!!