1. Anyone else? Just curious. I was in a very bad car accident almost 10 years ago, it left my then 4 year old permanently disabled with a TBI. We spent 6 months in hospitals, 5 of them in Atlanta. Last weekend I was meeting a friend in Kentucky and drove through Atlanta I had a major panic attack and tears were just flowing down my face. It was strange because I've driven through before and it didn't hit me like that.

2. Not uncommon at all. When I was a sophomore in HS, a friend got his license and showed up at my house one day after school so we could go for a drive.

Going down a pretty steep hill a bit too fast in his parents keep, he hit a rut in the road which sent us airborne briefly and then we rolled down the hill a few time until it stopped on its side.

Thankfully none of us were severely injured, and the jeep wasn't even really hurt.

But for a few years afterwards I was always nervous in cars. I hated being in cars. I still do get a bit nervous. I ended up not getting my license until I was 18 because I was so afraid.

I'm sorry you have had to go through what you have. But remember that it's not wrong to have that sort of reaction. It's ok. And if you ever want to talk to someone about it you should, because anyone would understand.

3. Thank you, I appreciate it, I've been counseled over the years it's been helpful, but truth be told MJ has helped the most. It was tough, a guy ran a red light, now I never go through a light without double checking.

4. That's terrible. My biggest concern when I'm driving is definitely other people. I might be a bit too cautious, but yeah I always give a few seconds t lights to make sure nobody is trying to Paul walker through a red light.

Or if I'm waiting to turn and the person with the right away signals, I still wait until they complete their turn before I pull out because I see people all the time just cruising down the road with their turn signal on.

5. Unexpected rear collision jarred me pretty bad. Happened last summer, and the last time I drove my car was in February. Have not been behind a wheel since. I don't accept PTSD as a diagnosis, but random anger spells and violent outbursts have been all too common since then. I did get sent to a far away hospital for anger management therapy/treatment or something of the sort. Learned that most people there are alcoholics and have 4 stages of anger resolution. I am not like any of the people they treated there, with a large exception of weed. Nearly everyone I talked to liked weed, in addition to their other unmentionables.

6. I was officially diagnosed last year, in the past 10 years I have been through some hard situations. A close family member was brutally murdered, I had also been in a weird car situation where the car just automatically stopped on the highway and we had to flee the car before the truck behind us smashed into us. I met my abusive father for the first time in 22 years on facebook and he was asking for money. I could go on with the bizarre and negative things I have gone through. Marijuana helps so me so much, especially when it comes to going out in public. I wish everyone else well and send positive vibes dealing with the horrible symptoms, anxiety disorder are fucking hard to live with. Many people don't understand. I would trade almost anything to be the person I was before my mental health caved. Although I have learned a lot about myself and see the world differently from a perspective that is usually falsified or ignored by mainstream society.

7. It helps me to find the positives in life

8. I have ptsd from iraq and not even remotely close to were anything would trigger my tears but sonetimes yea i start ballin has to due something with the paranoia portion of smoking weed but i deal cuz im alot happier 90%of the time

9. Hang in there. Crying and panic attacks are pretty normal if you have PTSD unfortunately. Just hang in there, one day things will improve.

10. I got heart disease at 21 and a transplant at 29 and I always feel anxious and a sense of impending doom...I dont think I have ptsd but it still sucks especially having survivors guilt

11. Thats fucking gnarly. What happened? Hows your life now? Do you have a different outlook on life now?

12. I'm pretty sure PTSD triggers have a lot to do with environmental factors that have coincided with your initial incident that scarred you. For example if you were traumatized via car accident, getting back into cars will most likely give you hesitance and when you overcome that the chances of relapsing into a bad memory are increased. Passing through an old neighborhood you used to drive through may increase the risk of visualizing horror that you spontaneously could not avoid, thus making tears stream subconsciously at random. Memory recall and recognition of fears are tied deeply into the roots of the brain and why it was injured in the first place. Telltale signs of mental trauma victims, not necessarily mental "illness" but definitely a part of mental health to be sustained and monitored frequently. Hope you are able to overcome your stigmatized portion of troubles!

13. I have ocd tourettes and ptsd. I have generalized anxiety too. Im pretty messed up from my past and would give anything not to feel the way i do. Drs have been useless trying to pump me with nasty drugs that could leave me permanently messed up.
    Ganja is the best most benign plant and helps. Life isn't perfect but i feel i can cope

14. I think my ptsd started in the army 84-90. Then in 08 I had a pickup cross the center line and hit me head on killing the other driver. But yea I got it and counseling helped a lot. Then I started mmj. I think the growing is almost as therapeutic as the bud.

15. I got the diagnosis earlier this year. My wife and I lost our son from an intracranial bleed at the beginning of this year, and within the same few months I had two pretty traumatic experiences at work. I've had on and off issues with depression since I was a kid, but I never really issues with anxiety until this past year (at least that weren't drug related). It's mentally exhausting, it just eats at you, even when it's off your radar it can strike out of nowhere. Psychotherapy has helped a bit. I got frustrated with it and stopped going for a little while, but I recently went back. Weed helps a little with physical symptoms and anxiety. It helps me sleep though, which I can definitely use all the help I can get, so that's a plus.

If any of you guys/gals ever need someone to talk to, feel free to hit me up. Sometimes it helps to lay things out. And know that you are not alone!

16. After being shot a loud unexpected bang will trigger a small panic attack as well as being able to feel the powder burn and gunshot wound

17. PTSD and TBI can be a bitch

18. same here, military career and car accident. Not doctor diagnosed but self diagnosed. As everybody stated, Marijuana does help. The trick is to to find your triggers, and avoid them the best you can.

19. I get the opposite reaction when I smoke, I think too much and start reliving the traumatic events and the bad stuff that's happened in my life because of it. I use Sativas though, I suspect that might be an issue. Talking about it does help, it's like sharing your pain, you're not alone. Being sick don't get out much and I have zero friends, my poor husband and kids have to put up with me. It's hard to talk about traumatic things but our brains are hard wired to remember traumatic events, they imprint on our brains better than good stuff.

20. What do y'all take for PTSD? It's been 11 1/2 years (2004) since Ive been in theater and I still get intense panic attacks. I'm looking at moving to southern New Mexico. Oklahoma is too slow in catching up with the times. Even though there is a CBD clinical trials for little kids that get killer seizures. I need mmj now and not 10-20 years from now. Have y'all heard of any MMJ helping TBI? The meds I take for TBI were originally made for seizures. Seems to help a little but I still fall on my face from getting dizzy and not able to get up for 5 seconds to 8-9 hours. I can't even crawl to the bathroom w/o assistance.