Can anyone tell me what this contraption is?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by CitrusCityStoner, Aug 28, 2015.

1. im currently moving all of my step-dad's stuff out of storage so it can be moved to our new house. As i was taking everything out of one of his garages, i stumbled upon an antique chest. the contents of this chest were merely dvds and worthless items however, upon inspecting the collage of paintings and images set into the wood on the top of the chest, i noticed an odd depiction of a man that appears to be blowing or breathing into a tube of some sort and this painting depicts a line of trajectory that splits into two. i dont want to explain it in too much detail, as i do not want to mislead anyone who may actually know what this is. If he were looking through the device, i wouldnt have given it a second glance, however he seems to have his mouth pressed against it. Im very interested in finding out what exactly the purpose of this device is. If anyone has any idea, feel free to post your thoughts or facts. Sorry for the image quality. Im not sure why it ended up looking soo green but give it your best shot!

Attached Files:

2. #2 yurigadaisukida, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015
    He's obviously summing free energy from his chakra
    -Yuri

3. He's either brushing his teeth or giving whatever that is a bj... hopefully it's the former

4. Does that look like sheet music at the end of the
    contraption to anyone else?

I'm saying musical instrument.

5. That would be my guess...

6. I think he is blowing on a metal penis.

That, or a really advanced 19th century analog computer.

7. It is an ironing board, the thing he is blowing in is known as a "wife call".

• Like Like x 1
  8. sorry for the image quality once again but thats not a sheet of music at the end.. its a mirror the reflects one on the lines of trajectory

9. lol

10. you laugh but he's probly.right

Ironing board seems.most likely

-Yuri

11. Not sure what it is but I definetly don't see an ironing board

12. this still doesnt explain the mirror or the 2 lenses

13. I lol'd at this thread you
    lol

14. Not the OP, the posts

15. Okay... Strap in - this is a little out there.

It's an Ethereal Energy Absorber.

During the 19th and early 20th century, the physical understanding of light was poor (even among physicist). The prevailing notion was that of an invisible material called "the Ether". It was known that sound was a vibration of the air, and it was assumed that light was a vibration of "the Ether". This contraption used a mirror to focus light (and therefore 'ethereal energy') through a set of lenses into a collecting chamber where it was mixed with air an inhaled.

Okay - you may remove your seatbelts.

16. Do you have any links to pictures such as the one op posted.

I can't seem to find any using that name.

17. sooooooo it's kinda like the first version of solar hits with a magnifying glass [​IMG]

18. I meant "strap-in" to signal that I was about to engage in a practice known as pulling a wild explanation out of my arse... Its an Irish thing I'm told.

Sure, why not.

19. this thread is intriguing

20. thats why i made it :)