Why is grasscity so dead?

Discussion in 'General' started by TioX42, Aug 28, 2015.

1. #1 TioX42, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015
    I used to remember using this site last year and it use to be soo active but not as much now. I'm not sure it's because reddits /r/trees took over or everyone moved over to rollitup which seems to be the most active forum that isn't from reddit.

2. This site seems just as active as when i joined, this time of year is when kids go back to school so the forums will start cleaning up and the daily users will be back.

3. #3 BudButler, Aug 28, 2015
    says the guy who has been here less then a year and only has 15 posts
    Member Since 22-August 15

4. It seems the same to me, but with anything there will be ups and downs.

5. hasn't been the same since they banned talk about other mind altering substances

6. I have been on this forum for around 10 years. For as long as I have been here you have never been able to talk about anything except the marijuanas.

7. That's not true though.

8. #8 The3amJunkie, Aug 28, 2015
    When was the ban on other substances? I swear from what I remember it has never been allowed since I have been on here which is like I said almost 10 years.

Actually about 8 years. So maybe I just don't remember.

9. Well the forum layout is a giant steaming pile of shit now. So there's that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. not true Lol, pandora's box was the spot to be for talk of the unmentionables lol.

11. If I remember correctly, we were allowed to discuss other drugs in Pandora's Box before. I think this was around 2006-7 though.

12. It was that way until somewhere between 2009 - 2011.

13. Word on that, I've been wishing they would update for a long time, or at least give us more layout options in settings. But I do feel like it's not as hoppin' as it was maybe 4 years ago when I joined.

As far as I remember they never allowed talk on any other drugs. I remember people getting bitched at for trying it though lol

14. Ahhh thats why there was a 2 year period where I wasn't active much at all. I am sure that is why. When I became active again around 2009-2010 I must have always assumed it was never allowed.

15. hay guys! here is an idea. instead of us complaining why dont we go out, and link some of the great information on this site in other places. show people what we have, why don't we all ask a friend to sign up while we are at it also. im going to do that right now.

16. Because you don't advertise a site like this on other forums. If you see people come here and try to link to another forum, especially one with a store it's like trying to take our viewers and potential store buyers. It works both ways. People don't take kindly to shilling.

Places like Reddit are more popular now.

17. #17 roorforcrumble, Aug 28, 2015
    WInner! Conflict resolution is shitty, and some people get too much of a say in what gets said because they are the squeakiest wheel.

18. you dont have to post it on other fourms? i link to stuff on this site on my twitter all the time, and ill link to other sites quite often. when it's pertaining to the subject, it's not advertising if it's actual input in a conversation.

if you go on another site, and just post go sign up to this site then yea. if some how asks how do i tell if my plant is male or female, and you link to this site with a suggestion to sign up while they are at i don't see the problem.

19. i remember back in I think 09-10 they had just banned talking about other drugs I was a mod and it was like a full time job trying to control the backlash

20. They banned the discussion of other drugs in early-mid 2010.