Why HUGE pictures?

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by bockscar, Aug 27, 2015.

1. before and after the "upgrade" every time i clicked on pics in threads they show up huge in my window. Like I have to do a lot of scrolling to get from the top of a picture to the bottom of it, and the same for side to side.

Because of this I obviously can't really see an enlarged pic of the entire pic, but instead get a super enlarged version of the pic that is basically useless. Not completely useless, but i rarely click on pics now to see them and instead zoom in on the browser window....which sucks cuz you don't get the best resolution pics doing that.

The really weird thing is that some, but very few....and iirc they were older pics, show up and enlarge normally. thats whats weird about it since i figured it all would be fucked or none would be fucked....but it turns out most is messed up! lol

I'm on a macbook pro running safari, but i have also switched to chrome and am still experiencing the same problem.

2. Attached Files:

3. people dont resize pictures and i assume it's displaying it at the source resolution -_- a quick fix at least on windows is to press ctrl and scroll out with the mouse, or press ctrl - on the keyboard. im not sure if that works with macs, but ya zooming out the page helps alot. i remember when i first joined the site, i would click a picture and it would be way bigger then they are now. to the point i had to close the page to make the picture go away.

4. yup. you ran into what I did.

the scroll out doesn't work on the mac, because once you scroll out to where its "below 100%" the window/tab goes into the multi tab view :(

Thats what I figured, that it had to do with the size when it was uploaded. But with that said, I've never seen a forum that doesn't compensate, resize or adjust for that size when it is displayed and then clicked on. Its the ABSOLUTELY most annoying thing about GC forums. If i wanna get a decent view, i have to DL the picture and open up in my mac's photo viewer. Sucks.

5. [​IMG] it does compensate when some one just drags an image into the reply box rather then uploading it as an attachment it's sucky tho i agree
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. you're right. It looks better on the posts, but still looks huge when clicked on.

anything the GC team can do about this? or the forum people?

7. We'll have to wait for tech to chime in on this, as there's nothing I can do about it...sorry...

In the meantime, I've found that, when this happens, if you just drag the thumbnail into a separate tab, you'll get a pic you can actually see...:)

8. thats not a bad workaround, and does bring it to a good view where you can see the entire picture! thanks!